.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Remember my green piece of shit...

...car that Rick left me after telling the judge that it ran? It does, but without first gear. Anyway, it wasn't worth me getting it fixed so I didn't bother. Instead, I just let it sit there hoping that someone would steal the stupid thing. I even left the door unlocked and the key in the ignition.

All I wanted was to get that car out of my driveway and when my son bought his new car, he wanted the good parking spot so we had to play musical cars and move everything around. So, to free up some space, he went on Craigslist and advertised the car for 500 or best offer.

Some old guy offered 200 and my son said, "Sold." The guy gave him his word that he would buy the car so my kid told everyone else that the car was sold. The old guy changed his mind and my son put the car back on Craigslist. Within a couple of hours, he got another phone call.

This turned out to be a very young man and he came over to look at the car and then he called my son from here and offered him 350. Naturally, my son said, "Sold!" again. This time though, we got a deposit since the kid didn't have anyway to take the car with him today. I almost felt guilty about it until my son said that the kid is a student mechanic and he saw the new head gasket that my son put on for me which in itself is worth 250.

Then, when the kid came back, I asked him if he was over 18 and he said that he was, he looked it but it could have gone either way. He is old enough and he knows what he's doing so I don't feel badly about it at all. I would hate to sell a kid a piece of crap and then have his parents yell at him when he got it home.

I wish the bum who sold me the car had a conscience when he let me drive it off his lot. I paid 2,500 and soon learned that I had been taken.

So, now I have an extra 350 to play with. My son borrowed 40 bucks from me yesterday and I think that I'll let him keep it as a finder's fee for selling the car for me.

I know this is boring compared to the blow job post below...but I had to tell someone!

OK, now I have to go watch Seinfeld, see ya!

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger JQ75 said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day...

Éireann go Brách

March 16, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

What a sweetie! Happy St Patty's day back atcha!

I'm having corned beef and cabbage AND potatoes for dinner. I was considering drinking a few toasts to my ancestors in honor of the Irish way of celebration but it really hasn't been that long since the last killer hangover so I had to nix that idea. BUT...I'll still have some fun! I found my Battleship Game!

Meg

March 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home