.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Good morning!

I had a great weekend playing with the kids. I literally played with them the entire time they were awake and slept with them at night. We played a card game that's easy for them, we called it Concentration and just tried to match cards laid out in rows and columns. The girl was so good playing that game that I decided to try to play Battleship with her. My son helped her for a bit and then he went to the bathroom.

When he got back, I was trying to sink a very long ship that never seemed to sink. She screwed it all up while he was gone so we just played Go Fish.

Then, yesterday we went to the Aquarium where the boy looked at the crabs and said, "Look! I eat those at the buffet!!! Do we get to eat them, too?!" I told him we couldn't eat those but if we caught a jelly fish he could eat that. He didn't want any jelly fish, even after I told him they tasted like chicken.

You know what would be interesting? They could somehow genetically alter the jelly fish using DNA from peanuts and we would get peanut butter and jelly fish!

OK, I'm gonna publish this, come back and write more and then publish that. This is in case my stupid PC boots me. I have to stay a couple of steps ahead of it or it will catch me unaware. BRB

Late last night that nit wit guy who I dumped last week called to say that what I did wasn't "fair". He actually believes he still has a chance. He must be the kind of guy who breaks up with you whenever you have a fight. They never mean what they say. I, on the other hand, always mean what I say. So, as I told fat boy...."I didn't say it was fair, I said that's the way it is...Gotta go, bye."

Then, just to be safe I turned off the phone. Nobody else would have called me that late so I wasn't worried. OH! That reminds me, I changed my phone greeting. I'm not sure that my father will like it anymore than he did the old one but I like it. It goes like this: "Hello. If this is an Emergency, please hang up and dial 911. If not, leave a message."

I never say I'll call back...but people seem to love leaving messages. I never even listen to them. Right now there are 22 messages on my answering machine and I don't know who any of them are from. I do check my caller ID...I always did. But now all the people who wanted me to get an answering machine have one to speak to. My dad wanted me to have one so badly that he gave me one for Christmas. (You know, there was a REASON that I didn't want one of those.) There were other people complaining that I didn't have one as well. I hope they're all happy now. They get to leave a message. I won't ever hear the messages, but I'm not the one who wanted to hear them in the first place.

I guess he thought he had me when I finally got call waiting, which I didn't want either. It was so important to people and now I can't complete a conversation without saying, "Hold on, let me see who that is..." I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

Oh well, there's too much new stuff nowadays. If an educated person from the 50's showed up today, they'd be screwed. I doubt they could get a car from today started. Life was so rough back in the day. If you wanted to speak on the phone, you were attached to the phone leash. If you wanted to watch the news, you had to wait until 5 o'clock. If you wanted to send a message to anyone who was far away, you had to stick it in a mailbox. It was awful, you wouldn't have believed what we went through. Oh, and NOTHING interupted television shows except commercials and deaths of Presidents. There weren't any logos or commercials at the bottom of the screen, I don't know how we ever had an advertising world without that stuff.

Well, that's it for now. I'm going out tomorrow night so I have to start thinking about what to wear. This is one of those dates that takes 2 days to get ready for. OK then, I should start now.

See ya later today!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home