.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!!!

I've made out pretty well so far and it's not even 10 AM! My daughter sent me that adorable 'I Love Lucy' purse, my son bought me a beautiful new aquarium, my father sent me the book about baseball that Brian Kilmeade wrote (It's How You Play the Game) and he even had Brian sign the book personally with a Happy Birthday message in it. Of course I bought myself that great new bed to put in my newly pink room!

Today I'm going to go to Home Depot to get new switch plates, outlet covers and vent covers because the old ones have gotten pretty funkified.

That's more than I've gotten for my birthday since I was a kid and my mother had parties for me. I had a lunch date today but I made it before I knew that I was working last night so I might just have to see if the guy wouldn't mind switching the date to Friday. It's a first date so I doubt that he would mind. If he does mind...he's too freaky for me. But...I doubt that he will. He's a business man with a really good job so I assume he's too mature for goofiness.

The nurse for whom I worked asked me if I could work "Thursday night" for her and I said yes. Since I work 7 AM to 7 PM, I assumed that I'd be working those same hours last night. So, of course I went into work at 7. When I got there, I found out that I wasn't supposed to be there until 11 so I went home and took a quick nap. Then, I went in and worked 11-7. An 8 hour shift is a walk in the park after working 12 hours so often. So, I had a good night.

Damn, I just caught myself sleeping sitting up in my chair. I suppose I'll need to take a nap before I go to Home Depot. I took a couple pictures of my new aquarium so if I can post them in my sleepy fog...I will!

OK...I did it! Here's my new aquarium!








More presents! There was a knock on my door and when I answered it...there was a man delivering a vase full of flowers from a guy who seems to like me quite a bit! I brought them into my room because they match the walls beautifully!

Yeah, I'm doing well this year!!!

Cool.

Now I'm going to lie down...again!

The USP man came and brought me the cutest umbrella that I've ever seen from Solaris! It has a map of New York City with the subway system on it. The tag looks like a Metro pass like the one I bought when I was there a few weeks ago. Solaris, how sweet of you to remember me! Now, I can't wait to go to New York and read my umbrella to navigate my way through town....I just hope it's raining at least a little bit so I don't look too silly reading an umbrella in the sunshine!

OK then. I'm headed out now to have a bit more birthday fun.

11 Comments:

Blogger Limerick Gal said...

Happy Birthday Meg!!! Have a great great day!

June 29, 2007  
Blogger L. said...

Sending Happy Birthday wishes your way, Meg!

: )

June 29, 2007  
Blogger Jaded said...

Happy Birthday!

I hope this year is full of adventure, love, prosperity, laughter and happiness.

June 29, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dearest Meg,
Happy Birthday to you!

Hope your day continues to be as wonderful as you morning!

June 29, 2007  
Blogger Robbin said...

Happy Birthday Meg! Sounds like you're much loved and appreciated and that's alway a good thing.

June 29, 2007  
Blogger Lara Croft said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Megs, and may each year brings you many happy buzzes :-)

June 29, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thank you all for the birthday wishes...I have a feeling this year is going to be a great one. It HAS to be because this is the last year that I can HONESTLY say that I am forty something!

I'm going to head out to play for a while and when I get back (if I get back before 3 AM) I'll pop in and tell you how my evening went. If I have so much fun that I don't make it back tonight...I'll be back in the morning!

Meg

I think I'll buy me a lottery ticket too...if you all wish me luck maybe I'll win and if I do, I'll throw a HUGE party for all of us!

June 29, 2007  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Happy Birthday Meg!!

I know you already had a great day, so I will wish you a wonderful year (and more).

Too bad you won't be down here this week. My mom's birthday is Sunday and my daughter's birthday is the 4th of July. We will be partying for days!! We could have gone and got another cake for your birthday and just had a bigger party! LOL

And since I've not gotten you anything...I'm sending a ton of good luck wishes for your lottery ticket to win you millions of dollars...

Party on!!!

LOL

:)

June 29, 2007  
Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

As everyone who knows me can attest, I am VERY VERY bad at birthdays, so belatedly, happy birthday!

June 30, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You know what they say...better late than never! Thank you girl...you guys are so sweet!

June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha- I'm the latest! I've been awway and missed your grand day! Happy belated one- and another one to you!

July 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home