.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Regarding the annullment of marriages...

...I agree with my friend who says:

"...they had gotten married somehow and had two kids already, but the church wouldn't consider it valid. I think it's all insane. But maybe that is just me. I have never believed in organized religion and basically nodded and smiled my way through both weddings just to make my husband (and the ex) happy..."

I don't care one hoot. My religion is this...be nice to people. Mark and I got married in the church to make him and his family happy, we had already been married for years when we did it and we already had the kids. He's been remarried for years now and has a little girl with the new one. I imagine it bothers her that Mark and I are still married in the eyes of the church so I'm not at all surprised, I've wondered why he didn't do this for her years ago. It means nothing to me and that's why I told him to let me know what I can do to make it easy for him. He is my children's father and even though he and his nutty wife treat me like dirt, I like taking the high road every chance I can. It drives people nuts.

If he wants to spend the money, let him. It costs me nothing but a few minutes to fill out the forms and it would make them happy. Also, I like to act as decently as I can when the kids are anywhere around to see or hear about what ever's going on...it shows them that Mommy is normal and when the nut behaves like her nutty self, they see that too. Besides, I'm Methodist.

And Eliza says:

"...What size bed is that? I have and am willing to give away perfectly free just for the sake of getting it out of my freaking garage, two things that would go well in your bedroom..."

It's a queen. Eliza, where are you? You've got to be close so we need to get together, I need a lady friend. The men are great for manual labor but there's nothing like a girlfriend for hanging out with. My house has 3 bedrooms and I want to update all of them. The furniture that you're describing would go great in the room that my granddaughter sleeps in so yeah, I would love to take it off your hands. I really appreciate that. I'll email you my number after I post this...call me anytime, if I'm at work I won't answer and if I'm sleeping the phone won't wake me up...I can sleep through pretty much anything. So, call me anytime or send me your number and I'll call you. I would like to go out Friday if you guys are free that night. I know I don't want to sit at home by myself on my birthday!

OK, I need to get ready for work. But, before I do...let me tell you what the city I live in did. This morning as I was coming home I noticed that they were chopping up trees that were near the power lines. I have an oak and an elm in my front yard and they totally trashed them. There's not much left to them at all. My son just got home and he said that they screwed up every tree on the street. I can't believe that the city can just come to your house and chop down half of the trees without so much as a stupid letter on the doorknob. It's amazing what the government can get away with without any concern for anyone's property. They do things that they would jail other people for doing. As bad as organized religion is, organized government is worse. They remind me of another organized group, the Mafia.

OK then, I have to act like I'm going to work...the coffee is kicking in so I have to get up and decide which one of my ugly uniforms I'm going to wear. Before I took this job, I ALWAYS wore white. It's the way I was trained as a nurse. When I was in school they taught us not to wear nail polish, not even clear because it "harbors micro-organisms". Now those chicks come to work with huge, ugly fake nails that are full of fungus and Lord knows what else. I like the white because I can take it off and bleach it when I get home. I caved and bought a bunch of colored scrubs and I hate it.

Every place that I've ever worked always had one old nurse who still wore a cap. Those things are kept in place with a small comb and the old nurses who wore one had a huge bald spot on the tops of their heads from that comb. I wouldn't wear a cap but now I'm the old nurse who doesn't wear nail polish, I keep my nails trimmed. I also keep my hair back instead of letting it hang everywhere. Talk about feeling old...I'm not buying anymore colored crap, from now on I'm back to buying white stuff again. I'll be the old nurse who still wears white...I think that we all should. Nursing isn't a job that should be like a fashion show, the clothes should be clean and white, not purple and pretty. Oh well, I guess my age is showing.

OK, I'm off to work!

See ya,

Meg

Eliza, I don't have your email addy! Email me at megkelsobroderick@gmail.com with your number and I'll reply with mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

1. Be the big girl: Give him the damn annulment. You, your kids, and he knows you were married for the best reasons. You are the one that can keep your head high knowing you took the high road. Besides, isn't it nice to know it'll drive the nutjob crazy???

2. Yeah, the city can come in and screw up your property with no notice. Try to mess with a public park, and see what happens...

3. I'm of the same age group as you are (moderately aged, with great legs, like a fine wine), and I would much rather have a crisp, clean, nurse than a ragtag with rainbow colors and aforementioned long claws. Which leads me to ponder---don't doctors and nurses wear scrubs to keep germs away? If so, why do I see doctors and nurses wear same scrubs out to Starbucks, Macy's, etc. then back to the hospital? Doesn't that bring the nasty germs with them? Kinda like when your doctor comes in with a tie that the last patient sneezed all over.

Okay, my soapbox is getting slippery, time to get off.

Happiest of birthdays this Friday, Meg. If I was anywhere near GA I would call, but alas, have no time off.

Hope you have a great weekend. Take a boy toy out to play.

June 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home