.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

My birthday is over...

...and all that's left is the birthday hangover. My son and I went out and had a great time...doing a few different things. One thing we did was go bowling and I bowled my highest game ever...248. The first 6 frames were strikes and in the 7th frame I threw a gutterball. I was so glad to get that over with. I knew that I wouldn't bowl a 300 so I was actually hoping to throw the ball that would break the run of strikes. Of course I didn't want to roll a gutter ball, but it did get the strikes over with. The worst part was that by the 5th frame I started to draw a crowd so EVERYONE saw me throw the gutterball. Oh, one nice thing about bowling late at night is that there aren't any kids around. Parents don't seem to teach their kids bowling etiquette anymore. Jeez, half of the parents don't seem to know how to behave in a bowling alley. I still had to deal with rude adults but at least they don't run into my lane with sticky shoes.

I bowled another game like that where the first 4 balls were strikes and I got a pin for that...the pin says something about 200 so I guess it was just for breaking 200. It was during league play...I wish I could bowl like I did last night when I'm playing on a league but I never seem to except for that game that earned me the pin.

My dog is laying down next to me. I went to take a picture of him lieing there and naturally he jumped up as I took the picture so I told him to sit and I took this one instead:



That's Payton and his little buddy, Stewi. Those two are inseparable. I just watched Turner and Hooch and I LOVED Hooch. My next dog is going to be a mastiff only not the same color as Hooch. I want one of the Neapolitans. Those dogs are a beautiful gray color..so gray that they almost look blue. I love big dogs but I doubt that I could afford to feed two of them at the same time. Ick, it just occurred to me that I'd have to deal with a lot of dog slobber and that's pretty gross. Dog slobber and dog tails are annoying. My dog doesn't have a tail because the people who gave him to me thought that they could hack it off themselves but they did a crappy job of it. I'm glad they stopped at the tail, I can't imagine what the ears would have looked like if they tried to chop those suckers off too.

My son told me that when he was online playing poker at about 4 or 5 o'clock this morning, some dude knocked on my door and asked for me. He said his name was Mike but I have no idea who in the heck it was. Any guy who knocks on my door at that time of the day isn't going to like me very much if I do open it. I'm annoyed that I don't know who it was because whoever it was may call me next and decide not to mention that he stopped by so I might be nice to him and I don't want to be. I know that his name is Mike, but I've known so damn many Mike's that I couldn't possibly know which one that was. Oh well...maybe he will tell me that he came by and I can be really mean to him.

A friend of mine who lives in New Jersey told me that his car failed the safety test because his power window is broken. I can't believe that...what in the hell difference could that possibly make? I'm beginning to understand why New Jersy is the butt of so many jokes. My son also told me that Jersey just passed a law stating that you could get a DUI for driving with a hangover, even if you have no alcohol or drugs in your system. I don't know how they would know that you had a hangover unless you told them but one way or another I think it's stupid.

When I was watching Turner and Hooch I was thinking of a bunch of things that I wanted to tell you but now I've forgotten what they were. Hopefully it will come back to me and then I'll come back and let you know what it was. But, for now I have to go and make myself something for breakfast. I'm hoping that will help this hangover. I heard once that there are 5 things you should do to nurse one of those:

1. sugar of some sort

2. water

3. aspirin

4. vitamin C

5. I forgot number 5.

OK then, I have to go work on number one. See ya soon!

Meg






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home