.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I'm sick...

...really sick. I had to call out of work last night and I never, ever do that. I haven't felt much like becoming vertical at all. I've been horizontal since I went to bed yesterday...except for a couple of trips to the kitchen for sustenance of one sort or another.

Now I'm sitting at my desk but I don't think I'll be able to do it for very long at all. It just occurred to me that I should go to the doctor and get some anti-biotics. I thunk I have pneumonia...or some other hideous disease that causes this dreadful feeling. I suppose it'll go away soon, but it can't possibly be soon enough.

I hate being sick and I know why...my father said such awful things about sick people when I was little. I remember telling him that I was sick once when I was a really short munchkin and he responded, "I hate sick people." I guess he was in a bad mood but that's still an odd way to speak to a kid. But...something about that stuck with me and I hate to be sick now.

My father believes that if you just keep standing up and acting healthy, you will be healthy. That's a nice thought for stupid little illnesses, but when he said it before we found out that I had cancer I knew that there was no acting healthy. I've never ever been that sick in my life. I didn't have the energy to pretend to be healthy around my father which is usually what I do when he's near me. I just felt too icky. There was no other way to describe the way I felt but "icky".

Oh well, when I took last night off I had planned on making it up tonight but I think I should probably act like my father is over 400 miles away and lie down and take care of myself. The only problem with that is I've eaten all of the stuff that a sick person would want to eat so I have to go to the store and buy more of that stuff. That means I have to get dressed just to leave the house and I don't want to do that either. I'm in my nice warm jammies and I don't want to get out of them.

I've got Adventures in Babysitting on and it's the scene where they end up on a stage with a bandleader who says to them, "Nobody gets out of here without singing the blues." That movie made me laugh so hard that I had tears in my eyes. I don't laugh as hard as I did when I watched it the first time but I do enjoy it so I'm gonna go watch it as I'm being sick.

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger L. said...

Feel better!!!!!!! : )

July 04, 2007  
Blogger Jaded said...

Hope you're feeling better!!

July 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home