.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

OK...


...I think that I've earned enough cash to buy that bed. Rather, I've earned enough to replace the cash that I'll be spending on it. I'm still a tad befuddled between the 2 of them but I think that I'm just going to go ahead and buy the one that I like the best...the bottom one in the post under this one. That's the bed that I've wanted ever since I saw it. If I had bought it when I first saw it instead of worrying that I shouldn't buy something so expensive without thinking some more about it, I would be saving the $300 shipping charge. Oh well, live and learn...I LOVED that bed then and I've only grown to adore it more since then.


I've looked at hundreds of log canopy beds and except for a couple that cost THOUSANDS of dollars, I haven't seen any that I like more than the one on the bottom of the post beneath this one except for a few really, really nice ones. Here are the beds that I'll buy when I win the lottery:



The bench on the one above would match the paint in my room perfectly!

So...what do you think of these? I love them both but there's no way on the planet that I could...or would...pay thousands of dollars on a bunch of wood shaped into a bed. Hundreds, yeah, thousands...not a chance. OK then, it looks like I'll be getting the original bed that I showed you guys first (the one on the bottom of the post below this post).

I was called in to work for 4 hours last night. Since it was the last day of the pay period and I had already put in 40 hours, I was on overtime. I like overtime...don't you? That 4 hours turned into 13 when a nurse from a different unit went into labor. Shortly after I got to work, I called the supervisor to tell her that I was available to work the rest of the night. As soon as I did that I realized that I was exhausted and I began hoping that she wouldn't call me. Well, she did. Somehow I worked my way through to the end of the shift and now, here I am!

There is a slight problemo...my grandson's birthday party is today. I asked him what he wanted and he said, "A water slide and swimming glasses." I suppose he wants goggles so I'll get him those and some other water toys. My son borrowed a 12 foot high water slide from a friend of his so I hope that the little man has a good birthday party. Grandma will be rather tired but I bet the kids can have a great time without me.

Yesterday afternoon my son decided to bar-b-que so I bought some ribs and corn on the cob for him to cook. After work called I told him that it was OK...I'd just eat them when I got home last night. Of course, I didn't get home until today but I looked for them as soon as I walked in the door. They were great! I can't imagine how good they must have been when they were freshly done. Even the corn on the cob was good, that kid is learning how to bar-b-que quite well.

I ate a bunch of blueberries for dessert and then I had some Wheat Thins with parmesian and asiago cheese. I would have had more of them than I did but my kid ate a half pound bag of them all by himself! He did leave me about 12 of them. Now I'm munching on some ice from my work. I take a zip lock bag from work and fill it up with ice so that I can eat it when I get home. I love to munch on ice...I don't know why...I just do.

Well, my son has top get to the party early because he has to set up the water slide and I have to go with him because he's taking my car and I don't want to be stuck at home so I'll sign off for now. I'll be back soon!

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choosing a bed is hard work- we spend a lot of our lives in that place. And the rest of the time we are working! It should be perfect but it is hard to choke out thousands. Do you know any lumberjacks?

July 02, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I'd love to know a lumberjack...well.

July 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home