.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

If someone created a television station…


…full of programming that was nothing more than black people committing crimes against white people, I know that there would be an uproar that could be heard all the way to China. Yet for some reason, Lifetime has gotten away with just that transgression only towards a different group of humans. I certainly don’t watch it…to do so would be to promote the bigotry behind the choices made by those in charge of such a network. But…as I click through channel after channel, I make note of what passes for entertainment on that sexist station.

I was raised (half of the way) by a man, I’ve given birth to them and I have 3 brothers whom I love dearly. There are very few of us who can deny that we have men in our life who have helped us in one way or another. Only a truly sad and twisted person can live an entire life without having, at the very least, loved a man in one way or another. Why is it that we never stand up for them when we see them pigeonholed by those such as The Lifetime Network? Unlike women and other minorities, men are not organized so there's no one to speak for them when they’re treated in such a manner.

There are many who would think that men need no help…after all, they’re murderers, rapists and kidnappers…right? Apparently that’s what those at The Lifetime Network would have you believe.

Over the past few decades men have been demonized and vilified…yet they sit back and say nothing because they themselves, as a group, have been convinced that they are evil incarnate. I refuse to believe that because of the men that I’ve known in my life. Of course there are always the exceptions to the rule but that’s the case in all groups of people…men, women and hermaphrodites alike.

Recently I asked men to share their views on the topic of breast implants. I expected them to opine that when it comes to breasts, “Bigger is better and the female behind them be damned”. I was stunned with the responses that I received. There certainly were those who liked the idea of fake tits…how could they ALL deny it when sales of blow-up dolls are high enough to make it a business worth pursuing? Yet the numbers of men who considered the health of women…physical and mental…was absolutely amazing.

Rather than murderous rapists, men can be unselfish, magnanimous and noble. They don’t inexorably discuss sex when sex was already implied in the question. Many of them, with neither prodding nor prompting, immediately thought of the woman. Their thoughts ranged from concern for the woman’s feelings to the contemplation of their own self-doubts. They make one think that maybe…just maybe…these beings have feelings.

BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU, BABY?

"...Another thing I didn't even mention is the potential risk with any procedure however small. I just find it a tough thing to swallow to place yourself in any risk for an elective procedure..."

"...The only reason I can see for getting implants is if a woman was disfigured or has a mastectomy and wanted implants to repair her shattered self image..."


"...I guess you need to please yourself, and be comfortable with yourself and your choice before you do anything..."

"...but maybe you can do some chest exercising, withlight weights that might strengthen your boobs muscles...

"...You're right, some guys don't like fake boobs, but I guess you need to please yourself, and be comfortable with yourself and your choice before you do anything..."

"...How do you anticipate this surgery would make you feel? What are your concerns with this procedure?..."


AND I LOVE HER.

"...my wife’s breast sag some but that kinda comes with age..."

"...I would never want to see my wife go under “the knife” for something so superficial..."

"...My wife’s boobs may sag, but they sag because she traded them in when she chose to breastfeed our children..."

Most of the men from whom I heard never mentioned size, rather they discussed the “natural” feel of a woman’s breasts and the unreasonable expectations of some men.

WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE?

"...I hate fake tits, they get rock hard, I would rather have a flat girl whose tits are real..."

"...keep in mind it does change the feel to the touch..."

"...Perhaps you could get something that really looks natural. You also have to get something age appropriate. The reality is, 40 year olds don't have the boobs of a 20 year old no matter how big or small you are..."

"...If your gonna get perky breasts of an 18 year old, the guy that your going to meet might be a bit unrealistic in terms of what the reality of a 49 year old woman's body might be. I think there is a very happy medium in terms of looking really beautiful and sexy and (most important) age appropriate..."

"...Natural is the way to go. What's next. He wants you to get a new nose? pouty lips? Higher cheek bones?..."

"...I mean in my view shouldn’t you change what God gave you..."

"...The reality is, 40 year olds don't have the boobs of a 20 year old no matter how big or small you are..."

"...they are ugly, hard, and we would be much happier if they would get them on there backs..."

HE’S RATHER SAGACIOUS ABOUT TITS, ISN’T HE?

"...You just have to make sure you don't go too big. The temptation to do that is great. You know once you have the hood open you might as well..."

"...I had a friend who liked to fish. He used to bait his hooks with different bait depending on what he wanted to catch. With this being said, you need to look at what your baiting your hooks with and what your going to end up reeling in. If your gonna get perky breasts of an 18 year old, the guy that your going to meet might be a bit unrealistic in terms of what the reality of a 49 year old woman's body might be. I think there is a very happy medium in terms of looking really beautiful and sexy and (most important) age appropriate. I think if you go with the latter choice in terms of presentation, you stand a better chance of attracting a better quality individual with more grounded and realistic expectations. Once you reel in a shark, don't be surprised when you get bitten. That's just their nature..."


"...I think its terrible that breast implants are the number one graduation gift in America now. The only reason I can see for getting implants is if a woman was disfigured or has a mastectomy and wanted implants to repair her shattered self image. But 18 year olds wanting bigger boobs cause they think that’s what makes them attractive is just sad..."

Sure, some of them responded like you’d expect a man to respond. I guess you could call them “male sluts”. They responded in a way that I didn't find offensive, they were rather playful about the topic. But I’ve met a lot of female sluts so that barely counts. They certainly made me smile so I wanted to share those comments with you.

DID SOMEONE SAY BOOBS?

"...shoot me over an updated pic, I’ll be honest..."


"...let me have a look at these things... Let me be the judge. I am somewhat of a boob guy..."

"...if you want I’ll send one back as collateral!..."

What surprised me the most were the guys who were JUST as self-conscious as a woman. But but, for some reason, those poor things can't get surgery to enhance themselves. I mean they could GET the surgery...but somehow with a man it seems more Barry Bond-ish...they would have to have an asterisk by ther name if they did.

I HEAR YA SISTA’

"...I guess the way you feel about your boobs is how I feel about my .... I was going to send you a pic of it, but again am a little self-conscious..."

"...I understand the self conscious thing being only 6 inches. it's likeeverywhere I look they are bigger than mine!!..."

"...I had a woman once who told me how small my dick was. It’s been with me ever since. I would never want to make a woman feel the way that woman made me feel..."

So, no matter what Lifetime says, men aren’t so bad. Actually, I think the problem is that they're simply as fucked up as we are.



By the way...the only person who answered me in person was my son. Apparently...he doesn't care one way or another. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home