.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

OK then...

...the surprise that I had has turned out to be a bust and there's a good reason for that. I refused to follow through on it. I doubt that you'll blame me.

Last week I received a phone call from a woman who is producing a talk show. She wanted me to fly to Chicago and be at a taping of a new talk show hosted by Steve...the big, hulk of a guy who breaks up fights (only after a few good punches are landed) on the Jerry Springer Show. She told me that Steve was getting his own show and that it was going to be "more serious than Jerry's show". I was under the impression that they wanted me to talk about my blog because that's what the lady mentioned.

When they called me back on Sunday night, a woman asked me if I had any drama going on in my life. This was a different woman that the one I had spoken to earlier and I had the impression that she didn't know what the other woman had discussed with me. I told her that I thought the first lady had something specific in mind regarding the blog. She said that she would speak to the producer (the first woman) and see what she meant.

While I was at work Monday, the show called and spoke to my son. They wanted me to be on the show and...get this...bring Rick with me. Even if I thought Rick would go along with that...I wouldn't. There would be nothing to be gained from it and everything to be lost. First of all, Rick and I speak often and we've developed a nice post-divorce relationship. And secondly...who knows WHAT to expect on a show like that? So, I'm sorry to disappoint you but trust me...I was disappointed as well.

So much for that.

Yesterday (Tuesday morning) I got home from work after 3 AM. I remember leaving work and driving home from the hospital. The next thing I remember is waking up on the floor in my bedroom wearing my uniform bottoms. I don't know what I did nor do I remember what I did with my top or the things in my pockets. When I woke up on the floor, I was tired so I just climbed into my bed and went to sleep.

I woke up at about 6 PM and went around the house looking for my top and the things that were in the pockets. My top was in the hamper and the stuff that I had in my pockets was all on my desk, neatly laid down. So, I didn't do anything stupid, I put everything where it belonged and I must have walked into my bedroom and somehow I ended up on the floor.

My son had a "guest" over that night and when I told him what happened, he said, "My friend said that she heard something fall last night but I thought it was one of the cats." Well, it wasn't one of the cats, it was me. So, I guess I had another seizure. That idiot doctor who said that I was acting violently in my doctor's office was such a jerk. If I didn't find out the truth from the doctor's office, I would have worried that I could've injured someone while I was blacked out. I don't know how long these seizures are lasting but they've got to stop soon.

I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on the 21rst and another appointment with an oncologist on the 28th. I received a phone call from a woman who wanted to make that appointment on the 28th and she said that it was with the oncologist. I asked her why I needed to see an oncologist and she became all flustered and said, "The doctor will talk to you when you get there." So...I don't know what the hell is going on.

On a lighter note, my new bed was christened tonight. It is officially a bed now. And thankfully, the christening wasn't wasted on a bum...is was spent on a man who appreciated my new bed. When I emailed him the picture of it, he replied:

"...Oh my, that is nice! I think I could help you break it in. Was it hard to put up?.."

It wasn't hard to put up and he wasn't hard to get up. Of course, I didn't have to put the bed up myself, I had a couple of men do that for me. I did put the sheets on it, though.

Also, this was sent to me by a friend and I thought it was so cute that I wanted to share it with you guys:

Click here: YouTube - "If My Nose Was Running Money" By Aaron Wilburn

OK then...you guys have a good night (or is it day?) and I'll be back when I wake up.

Ciao,

Meg

By the way, I forgot to mention something...the lady from the show asked me a bunch of stupid questions like these:

Do you have any tattoos?

Do you have any body piercings?

Do you have all of your teeth?

I'm not kidding. I bet they didn't ask those questions of the Springer guests. Oh, they also wanted me to send them pictures of myself. I wasn't sure what they wanted to hear...so I just told them the truth. When she asked if I had all of my teeth, I should have said, "What do you want to hear?"

10 Comments:

Blogger Lara Croft said...

I hope the attacks stop soon Meg, its probably too many hours and not enough sleep too. I remember being so jet lagged in usa i was watching tv and then woke up hours later,dont even remember closing my eyes.....

August 16, 2007  
Blogger Limerick Gal said...

Congrats on christening the new bed!! :)

Am sulking over the other guest though! :(

August 16, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

First of all, @#*% dumb doctor! You should get a second opinion, pronto!

As for the other stuff - would you really have gone on a show like that? You just don't know how these things may turn out. But anyways, if you would have - lololol - I would have taken the day off to record the shit and upload it up on the blog! And if Rick would have come on, I would have created a password protected " Pay per view" blog.
Hahahahahaha

August 16, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I don't know what's causing this crap. Even if it's just a seizure, I don't know what the "cavernous malformation" has to do with it. I'd love to have it just be seizures...they don't kill a person.

Would I have gone on the show? I might have. They sort of talk to you in a way that makes you want to do it. Maybe not after a few days of thinking but they called on Sunday (I think) and wanted me on a plane by Tuesday so I wouldn't have had time to think too much.

And YES!!! The bed is in great form....and all I could think was, "This guy is so pretty I want to take a picture and post it on the blog." Well, that's not all I thought...but I did think it a few times.

:):):)

August 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That link was hysterical!!!!!

August 16, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 16, 2007  
Blogger Limerick Gal said...

*slumps down in the corner, defeated........*

August 16, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Straighten those shoulders girl! I'm working for ya here!!!

Get ready for the thrill of victory!

The MOM

August 16, 2007  
Blogger Limerick Gal said...

*big grins all round......:)*

August 16, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home