.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, August 03, 2007

You know…

…when cheaters try to deny that they’re cheating, they demand a reason for the distrust that the cheatee suddenly has. For a couple of decades, Rick called me numerous times every day from work. When he was cheating, he didn’t call me anymore, he couldn’t take time out of his day to call his wopig and his wife so he chose to call his wopig. Then, when I complained that he didn’t call me as much as he used to, he bitched that I was angry because I “didn’t call him when he was supposed to be working".

He tried to make me look like an idiot for expecting him to call me from work when he was “so busy”. I wouldn’t have cared if he had never called me from work, what upset me was the fact that he had called me from work for years and then he just stopped. It was the change in his behavior that upset me…not the fact that he didn’t take time out of work to call me. If he had NEVER called me from work, it wouldn’t have mattered. I can’t call people from my job so I understand that. What I didn’t understand was his sudden change in behavior.

Now I have the same thing happening with another guy. Ever since this guy and I met…he has called me daily…usually many, many times a day. So when I called him to ask him why he hasn’t been calling me, he did what Rick did. He acted like I was being a bitch for expecting him to call me when he was so “busy” at work. Once again, if he had never called me from work or if he had never gone for an entire evening without calling me, the lack of calls now wouldn’t bother me. Like Rick did, he’s trying to turn it back on me. Of course it’s my fault…only a bitch would expect a man to call me from work.

But, once again…it’s not the lack of calls…it’s the sudden change in his behavior that has me annoyed. But this time I have something that makes me feel much better about the fact that he isn’t calling me as much as he had been…another man. What perfect timing!

The guy who called me this afternoon has no way of knowing how perfect his timing was. If the non-caller dude had never stopped calling me, I wouldn’t, in good conscience, be able to go out with the caller-dude. But, since my phone has been so open to other men…so am I. Now I can easily accept a date with the other guy. After all, I’m sitting here wondering what’s wrong with the non-caller…wondering why he hasn’t called me lately, especially considering the fact that I’ve been sick. He should be calling me MORE then he used to…not less.

So…luckily for the caller dude…the lack of phone calls came at just the right time. I love it when things work out just perfectly like this situation has. If I have to be treated so poorly by the guy that is supposed to care about me…it’s nice that I have another guy to make me feel better about the non-caller dude.

OK then…I’m going to go and primp a bit for caller-dude. Oh, I also decided what movie I want to see with caller-dude tomorrow…the third Bourne movie. I just so happened to watch the first one last night.

Before I go, I want to tell you this...I told my son who the guy was that had been coming by so late and he said…"That guy looks awful young.” I said that he is younger than I am. Then my son said, “No…I mean younger than ME young.” I assured him that the guy wasn’t THAT young. Anyway…I don’t want to marry this one…I just want to play with him.

:):):)

By the way...non-caller dude...you don't have to call me to explain anything...I totally get it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I always find a moment to blog baby.

August 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home