.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Good morning!

Today I have to set up this salt water aquarium. Actually, it’s just a really, really large aquarium and the only thing that makes it salt water is the salt that you add to the water. I could just make a regular aquarium…but I love the salt water tanks. Sooner or later (probably later…if I don’t kill rocks, I’ll try animals), I’ll have a clownfish for the kids and I’ll tell them it’s Nemo. The little one will buy that…I’m not too sure about the older one.

I used to love being a kid and having that "magical thinking" that only a kid has. I enjoyed playing it up for my kids and that meant really telling some whoppers.

When I was driving down Interstate 80 south of Chicago, I would pass a quarry and tell the kids that Fred Flintstone worked there. I can’t believe they bought that fib. Until she was a teenager, my daughter thought that marshmallows came from marshmallow trees. She remembered things that I told her for years after I forgot all about them.

She was so naïve…when I sang the wrong words to a song that was playing on the radio, I would say, “Ooh, they changed the words!” I was just kidding, but she grew up thinking they really DID change the words on records.

Anyway, back to that big tank…this should be fun. It was tough enough to clean out my 10 gallon hospital tank last week. This thing just might not fit in the tub. Ah…this is an outside job…crap. Would you like to see this big aquarium? It’s just like they delivered it, all the stuff is inside of it but you’ll see how big it is. I was surprised at the size of the thing. This is the only place that I can put it and that means I have to get new curtains. This thing is big.





I wish I could put this thing in my bedroom. That'd be pretty. But it could also be a disaster waiting to happen.

WOW!!! Speaking of marhsmallows...I just found some! I didn't even know they were back there. My daughter must have bought them for something...only she would tie the stupid bag in such a knot that I can't get it out. I'll just have to cut it off and do what she should have done...put the marshmallows in a zip-lock baggie. Jeez. As if it's not bad enough that men apply far too much torque to every pickle jar, two liter of pop or hot water tap that they touch...now I have people tieing knots to keep me out of the food. Oh well, now I've just ripped the bag open and I have a mouthful of marshmallows.

I can't talk while I'm eating...it's rude. So, the same thing should go for eating finger foods when I'm typing. So...to show my manners...I'm outta here!

Meg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom always told us that the "watch for falling rocks" sign was about a lost Indian boy. Or that eating bread crusts would make us learn to whistle...I feel so cheated over that one...lol.

September 12, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOLOL...I love your mom!

September 12, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You know...my grandkids could stand to eat some more bread crusts...AND they are currently expressing an interest in whistling. The girl just toots and the boy isn't fooled. I'm gonna try that one on them!

Thank your mother for me!

Meg

September 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home