.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Well, I did it...

...I told my father that I was innocent of the cupcake caper. I explained how it came about that I learned what really happened over 30 years ago when I was accused of stealing 2 cupcakes. His response was, "Well, I'm happy that you've been exonerated."

He's HAPPY? He should feel like a heel. Oh well, I guess I'll let it go this time. But I'll tell you, that cupcake incident impacted me quite deeply. Because of that I have always had a very strong aversion to being falsely accused. Luckily that doesn't happen very often...but when it does, I always think of those cupcakes and I get angry all over again. My nimrod brother is going to hear about this from me...if he hasn't read it here already.

I'm not going to call him right now...he's expecting it. I may just tell the rest of the family. DUH! Of course I should tell the rest of the family! I was so eager to tell my father about my innocence (at his age I can't just assume he'll be there to tell later.) that I forgot about telling the rest of the family!

You know, not only did the cupcake incident make me rather sensitive to false accusations...it also made me err on the side of trusting my kids...no matter how unlikely thier stories were. When my kids would come up with some wild explanation for one transgression or another, I would think, "CUPCAKES!" and believe them.

On top of the cupcake story is the fact that most parents want to believe their kids...I certainly didn't think that mine would lie to me...why would they? I never beat them or hung them from their toes, why would they lie to me? I've just never understood why my kids would do that...but they certainly have.

Apparently, my parents didn't have the urge to believe their kids or they would have believed me when I said that I never touched the cupcakes. I told them then that I wouldn't lie about a couple of cupcakes...I was 14 or 15 years old and I had much bigger and better things to lie about. I would have copped to the cupcakes.

Ah...finally. My name is cleared once and for all.

But, I'll tell you this...if I were my father, I'd watch my cupcakes around me from now on.

:):):)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara Croft said...

Hey Meg, I found this article that might interest/inspire you.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/12/26/1166895290973.html?from=top5

September 14, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well Lara...you were quite right young lady!

Meg

September 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home