.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Well…

…what do you know about this? I went to my email account and saw an email from Classmates.com that said I had two messages waiting for me. I went straight to them and I was utterly astonished. They were both from my first real love…the one who bought me a “pre-engagement ring”…whatever the heck those things were. We were together for 2 years and when we broke up, I was entirely brokenhearted.

This guy is so special to me that I couldn’t give out any identifying information regarding him…but I am going to tell you guys things that couldn’t possibly distinguish him from a thousand other men around America. Besides…his identity couldn’t add to the story…our relationship was more than enough to be interesting.

First of all, imagine my shock when I saw that the emails were from him! I haven’t spoken to him in decades. His email had his phone numbers in it and a request for me to call him. I didn’t hesitate…I grabbed my phone and called him that very moment. And then, after all this time…we spoke for over 3 hours without so much as one break in the conversation. I had to pee really, really quietly.

We talked about his cars…the music we listened to…the trouble that we got into…the time he was being chased by a cop and he beat a freight train and turned over the tracks before the cops got there. He was only speeding…no real reason for that except youth…I guess.

He brought up the time that I snuck into his room after our date. I was afraid of his parents so when he wanted to go wake them up to tell them he was home…I talked him out of it…let sleeping dogs lie was my thinking at the time. Well, of course, when he didn’t wake his parents up, they woke up by themselves and peeked into his room. I was lying on my back, in between my boyfriend and the wall…wearing a bra that was NOT covered by the blankets. I had my pants on…but I never got a chance to prove it. Anyway, I thought that if I laid there really still, like I wasn’t there…he wouldn’t see me. Instead, I heard him shout, “Sarah!” (Not his wife's real name.)

To make a long story short…they called my parents who told them to bring me home and they did. It was a long and quiet ride back to my house…his father drove.

I told him about how many times I had wanted to get in touch with him (and I could have…I knew his name, profession and general area.) I just didn’t want to disrupt his life. I had no way of knowing that he had been searching for me on and off for years…and when he found me on Classmates. COM…he emailed me through that.

He told me all of the things that he had been doing to try to find me over the years and he told me that he was seriously considering a private investigator. I was blown away! I said, “I had no idea that I was P.I. worthy!”

We discussed the music that we used to listen to ( Afternoon Delight...:) ), the restaurants we used to go to and the movies that we saw. I adored speaking to him. He actually sounded exactly the same as he did when I was dating him. He said that I did, too. We spoke about his father and my mother who had passed away, our brothers and sisters and friends. AND…we have so much more to talk about.

He had to go because he has to get up early in the morning but he assured me that he would call me back…soon! I’m going to fall asleep with a smile on my face…I told him that. And he told me that he would be doing the same.

Now I’m going to bed to smile about some lovely memories and how sweet it was to hear from him after all these years.

:):):)

2 Comments:

Blogger awannabe said...

I haven't read your blog much. I don't know if you're married. But I found my 1st love on classmates last year and am married. It has been a heartwrenching bumpy ride...

October 06, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I'm not sure how to take that but the guy is a long, long way away from me and I'm heading to LA so I'll be gone for a long time. I'm safe for now.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Meg

October 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home