.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I don't think that I can...

...handle this relationship thing. It's making me insane and I don't like it. I may consider just bowing out before things get any worse.

He invited me to go with him and his kids to see a monster truck pull. As much as I love the smell of carbon monoxide, I don't know if I can do that. I told him that it was a father-son type thing and that I shouldn't go with them. Then my son told me that a friend of his tried to get tickets to that event and they were sold out. So, that means that he must have an extra ticket and if I don't go with him...who will?

That quetsion is consuming me. The other day someone mentioned that they would have called him early the morning after New Year's Eve just to see if he was with someone else from the night before. It was all I could do not to call him that morning. Stuff like that is making me sick to my stomach and I can't deal with this much longer. I don't think it's supposed to be like this. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is normal. But I can't stand it.

It's possible that the next time he calls me I'll have some sort of change of heart again but then I'll just feel this sick feeling the next time there's something to worry about and I don't want to deal with it.

OK folks...figure that one out.

???

4 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

Meg -

There's a swimming pool in front of you. A pool for relaxing. A pool for adventure. A soothing pool. An exciting pool. A pool that requires lots of work to keep running. A pool that is deep and scary.

Do you:

Hold your nose and jump in?
Run and jump in and make lots of noise?
Ease in a toe at a time?
Run for the high dive?

January 09, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I'd probably walk around it looking for the monsters swimming beneath the surface for a while. Then I'd go down the street to the playground and swing all by myself.

I'm out. I don't want to deal with this. The more I think about it, the less I like it. Seriously, what are the chances that this will end up with me living happily ever after?

Nope. Not gonna do it.

January 09, 2008  
Blogger theangelJean said...

Oh, Meg! Just when I thought you could be happy!

Really, are you sure he's the type of person who would take someone else? Even if he really didn't want to waste the ticket ... he might take a (male) workmate or a male friend ...he might call on a sibling ... or a parent... friend of his kids' ... it isn't guaranteed that he's seeing someone else! Remember, he does really like you!

Believe it or not, there are men who don't feel the need to see more than one woman at once. Have you considered that he might be that guy? That doesn't mean he'd be upset that you're seeing other people, of course. But it sounds to me as if you want him all to yourself! If you do, of course, good on you!

I know how it feels to worry about something constantly (although I've never had need for jealousy). It's really hard to snap out of. A close friend who can give you a reality check can really help ... call up LG or Anne Arky and chat! Or, if you have one of those guy friends that you know is JUST a friend, you might even talk it over with him...

And, of course, there is a quick and easy way to find out if he's seeing other women. Ask him! If you're thinking of each other all the time, maybe you have that level of comfort....

This has turned into at least 20c rather than two, but anyway, I hope you can sort yourself out soon ... remember, like you said before, karma is on your side. If anyone deserves happiness, it's you, so why not?

the angel Jean

January 09, 2008  
Blogger Lara Croft said...

Of course it sucks, but its about feeling alive. Besides you havent sexed him yet, he could be a dud LOL

January 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home