.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Good morning!

What an interesting day! Let's see...who has screwed who...or is it whom?

Yesterday I watched as New York's new gov was sworn in. I saw a handicapped man who had overcome much adversity. Today, I see a regular person with faults as he admitted to an affair or two. But...at least he had the courage to come forward himself and to take the ammunition out of the hands of some sleazy skank who screws married men.

Of course, this guy's wife had affairs as well. They mention that as though it should buffer the blow when the hubby admitted to his indiscretions as though saying, "It's not just one of us, we BOTH screw around!", thereby making it OK. Whatever.

I don't know how I ever thought that one man could be faithful for an entire marriage...it seems as though fidelity is an outmoded idea nowadays. I have one brother who is married and I don't think he's ever cheated on his wife. Other than him and the Pastor of my church, I can't think of one man who I know who has been faithful to his wife for an entire marriage. I'm sure there are some...I just don't know them.

Then, McGreevy comes out and says that for "the sake of my daughter" he needed to come out and let us all know that the poor, pitiful wife who stood next to him as he admitted to a homosexual affair was right in the middle of the fray as the couple had sex with an aid to the gov of NJ. Of course, those 2 are in the midst of a heated divorce so I doubt that he was worried so much for his daughter as he was horny to make his wife look bad. Good job, dude...you did it! Your daughter can now go to school and face her classmates with the knowledge that both of her parents like to have sex with men they aren't married to.

I also saw 2 very famous cheaters...BJ Billy and tribal leader Brad Pitt...readying land in New Orleans for new houses. That's quite decent, to be sure. But how many good deeds does it take to wipe out a bad one?

I hope that the rest of the day can go by without anymore admissions. I'm not in the mood.

I'm here in Florida to help my father take care of his ex wife. The day I leave, she has to go into a nursing home. Now I'm feeling responsible. I'm starting to get closer to Jean and I know what goes on in nursing homes. Jean is a very difficult person and no one would bother taking the time to "talk" her into eating breakfast, taking her medicine or bathing. They would fill her full of Haldol until she pretty much just sits there staring into space.

If I had never come down here, I wouldn't feel anything, I would just know that my father did what he needed to do. Now that I've been here, I will feel badly when I do leave. The point of my presence here is to keep her out of a nursing home.

I can't keep her out much longer. Yesterday I left the room and she stood up and fell. She can't be left alone anymore and now it's getting to the point where even with me here, she can't stay out of a nursing home. It'll be irresponsible to keep her here without a bunch of people to take turns watching her so that she doesn't fall. I can't even sit in this room for any length of time on the computer because she can't remember to ask for help when she gets up.

She has her moments where she's quite irritating and during those times, I think, "OK, let's go to the old folk's home now!" But then 5 minutes later she's forgotten that she was a bitch. She smiles and says something nice and then I think, "Oh no...I can't let that happen to her!"

If I knew where her daughter was I would throttle her by the throat...no one deserves to be left alone like this. All the woman has is her ex husband and his daughter. There's not another soul on this planet who cares about her. She has a couple of bridge partners who are very nice to her...but other than that...she's entirely alone in the world.

Her daughter is an only child as is she. Both of them are extremely self centered and I see how the daughter got the way she is. But that's no excuse...you only get one mother and good or bad...once she's gone...you don't get another one.

I don't even know why I'm doing this. Maybe I'm trying to make up for not being there when my own mother passed away. I know I need to help my father...he should be out enjoying his golden years instead of being the nurse maid to an ex wife. But I want to go home and enjoy the peace and quiet of my own home. I want to sit in my room quietly and not worry that I'll hear a loud THUMP from the other room.

Right now she's in the other room hollering for me to light her cigarette. I refused to do it before. She was complaining that her right hand hurt her so I had my father get her a brace. She can't use that hand so she needs me to light her smokes and feed her unless I make sandwiches. The last time that I wouldn't light the cigarette (she had two in 15 minutes) she just started lighting them off of each other. That worked until she accidentally put one out.

Jeez...she's calling me again. I need to go before she stands up and starts to look for me.

See ya!

10 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

Neither my parents nor my grandparents have ever cheated on each other.

March 18, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I KNEW there had to be people like that on this planet!!!

Congratulations! You're very lucky in this day and age to have an intact family!

:)

March 18, 2008  
Blogger Lara Croft said...

Old age can be very cruel, and your father is lucky to have you Meg, feel good that you have eased his burden even if only for a short time while being there
Hugs

March 18, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thank you...that was sweet of you. She had a relatively decent day and now she's watching CSI. I hate television shows that were made after MASH (except Seinfeld, Family Guy and Judge Judy:) I had been thinking about going out tonight but now I'm so tired that I think I'll stay in unless I catch a second wind.

My father just got home after being out for most of the day so I'm going to lie down and try to take a nap.

See ya!

Meg

March 18, 2008  
Blogger akakarma said...

You're doing a wonderful thing Meg!

March 18, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thank you for saying that. I feel as though it's an obligation. If the Heavens gave you the talent and the ablility to help people, you have the obligation to do so. That's all...I'm just paying back the Heavens.

:)

March 18, 2008  
Blogger Determined said...

Karma will pay you back. You know, karma is not always a bitch - it pays back for good deeds too.
One day when you're an old lady, someone fun will take good care of you. (and they may also keep your cigarettes from you, so you'll know then NOT to complain!)

March 18, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think McGreevy (or however you spell it) implicated his wife in the threesomes..It was the "aid" that said it. As far as i'm aware, he has denied it.

March 19, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

John,

Thank you for that. I was told that it was the gov himself but if I was wrong, I apologize and I'm glad you corrected me.

Meg

March 19, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Sol,

First of all, I don't smoke and secondly...last night Jean had a hideous breathing problem that I had to help her with and then I had to sleep in the same room as she because I needed for her to sleep sitting up so that she could breathe and the only chair was in the room that I sleep in.

But yes...I am waiting for karma..I do NOT fear it. I would HATE to live in fear of it!

March 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home