.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Oops.

My bad. I wish I had an excuse but I don't. I just can't get away from what I need to do long enough to do anything that I want to do as long as I'm in this condo. So, I walked out to sit by the pool and finish reading my book. It was sort of late and it started to turn dark while I was out there so I didn't read the book for the entire time.

One of my dad's neighbors was out there with a telescope and he was getting ready to look at the stars. Isn't that a great line for a guy to use? I don't know if that was his intent, but for any guy out there...think about it. If you're sitting outside with a telescope, you're gonna attract a chick or two. Sooner or later one of them is going to want to look up your scope and being the curious sort of female that I am, I looked up that guy's telescope.

The first thing I thought was that I was gonna end up writing about it here sooner or later. That made me smile.

Anyway, we could see quite a few stars with that thing. He seemed to know every single one of them by name as well as a little story about each of them.

I like looking up in the sky anyway and I can name out a few of the obvious constellations but I know nothing compared to this guy. But he was very generouswith his praise when I did know something. He would be all, "Yes!!!! Very good!"

He asked if I knew what Virgo was. I said that it had something to do with water. He was like, "Very good!" as though I were a 2 year old who had just used the potty for the very first time. I found it rather condescending, but I decided to let it go because not many people are as smart as I am and how was he to know. I also easily grasped why cancer seemed to be off to the side during my birth...it appears as though the sun is in Gemini...but because of the bend of time, the sun is really in cancer. You'd have thought that I had mastered Chopan at 4. I made a joke about a flux capacitor and he was stunned.

Oh well, I still haven't figured out if he's smarter than I am, he just told me his own stuff. I didn't tell him any of mine. That's when I'll know if he's an idiot or not. Although you don't have to worry...he is NOT relationship material. He's not married. He's not hideously freaked out in the face, and he's not an unemployed drug addict. But he IS a Jesus freak of some sort. And THAT'S not happening. I wouldn't mind if he was his own Jesus freak, but he asked me, "You DO believe that Jesus died for our sins don't you?" I answered with some joke that followed the conversation we were having before that little nugget popped out.

I turned the conversation back toward astronomy and he went back to it too. At one point I noticed three planets up in the sky. I knew they were planets because they weren't twinkling. I do know enough about the stars to know that. He looked up and pointed out, if I remember right, Jupiter, Venus and Mars. While I was looking up there he started explaining how those suckers are about to align on 8-8-88 at 08:00. I think it was '88, it could have been '08. (It doesn't matter.) He started telling me what people have said about that event. He inferred that men have predicted things of Biblical proportion will be happening at that moment and I said, "Wow, those guys have a LOT of spare time on their hands, don't they?" Then I started a bit about nutcases who leave their families to follow stars. He laughed about it, he wasn't offended or anything. But I made a mental note of his immense knowledge of such things.

He was a really, really nice guy and although I had no reason to do so, I found myself wondering if he could be a serial killer. I decided to be very nice and try not to challenge his belief system to much. Although I went out of my way not to give him too much of my personal information, he does know my father and where he lives. But as I said, he was just as nice as he could be so I'm sure he's not dangerous...but things do go through your mind, don't they?

I'll be right back, I lost something really important. I didn't erally lose it, I forgot where I put it. Now I have to find it before so much time goes by that I never remember where I put it.

YIKES!

OK...I'm back.

Cool.

Anyway, I saw some other people at the pool too. There were two young guys who both had really short hair with tiny little mohawks. they weren't any longer than it takes to make their heads look a bit malformed. I didn't mind, they were very nice young men. They were playing music and two of them who were sitting back to back and couldn't have possibly seen each other, were both playing "air drums"...it was pretty cute.

I wished I had a camera. My father's camera is really cool, it does video as well as still pictures. But neither one of us knows how to operate the stupid thing. I can figure out how to take pictures and there IS a memory card in there. But it says the memory full. I don't know why because all it has on it is 3 pictures and a 3 second video that was taken on accident when I was trying to figure it out.

That prophet dude said that he was going to print out a picture of the sky at the minute of my birth and bring it to me "some time". Don't you hate having such an unannounced pop in hanging out there? I don't know when that guy is coming by with my sky...I don't know what day, I don't know what time, I don't know if he ever really will. I certainly won't go get it...I may never be head from again. If I disappear, it's that guy who always brings his telescope to the pool by my dad's house.

Anyway, I was gonna hang out in my jammies for a while this morning but I was afraid to. I might have a guy pop in at any given moment. That just blows.

Yesterday my father went to the store and before he left he asked me if I wanted anything. I told him that I wanted hamburger buns. I told him to get the "smallest that they have...I don't want buns the size of Whoppers!"

But that's not what he heard. Somehow he heard, "Get me buns the size of Whoppers." I don't get it. But, I am hungry so I'm going to go make myself a hambuger. I don't think that we should eat harmless animals...but what the hell. They taste good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home