.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Damn, damn, damn, damn...

...I went on one of those obsessive compulsive cleaning binges and I worked so continuously and for such a long time that I didn't pay any attention to the time. It's now exactly 2:10 AM EST and I give. I'm not cleaning anymore until I get some sleep now that I know what time it is. I hadn't given the time any thought but if you would have asked me what time it was, I would have answered, "About nine."

At one point I went into my bedroom and started to watch a movie. But one thing bothered me and then another thing bothered me and so on and so on until I spent 4 hours cleaning out my storage baskets, my vanity and underneath both bathroom sinks. I even papered the cabinet under my bathroom sink but I had JUST enough paper left to do that so I couldn't do the other bathroom cabinet. What a chore that was...you have no idea.

You know how you can work for hours and hours and the house doesn't look a bit different then it did before you started? I hate when that happens. No one will notice that I dumped all of my baskets and drawers into a pile and re-organized all the crap in them. I even threw away a bunch of stuff that I've avoided tossing for years and years and years. I finally threw away the Dustbuster that I bought Rick in the 80's so that he could vacuum out his car. I don't ever remember him using the thing so it's basically just taken up space for 20 years. It's gone now.

I'm going to be throwing a LOT of stuff away within the next week. I've gotten a pretty good start on spring cleaning so I might as well just do the rest of it. I have bags and bags of old clothes that someone can use so I'll take them to the drop off place this week. I bet I can find a BUNCH of things to give away. If I were so inclined, I would have a yard sale but the only way those are any fun is if the sign out front says, "Betrayed Wife Sale". It worked well for me last time. It even made it into the local paper so the second day was really good. But, I just can't have a plain old yard sale for no good reason.

If I wanted to (and had a LOT of spare time on my hands), I could put a bunch of the stuff on eBay. I threw away irons, candle holders and, of course...the Dustbuster. I've never sold anything on eBay. I have bought a few things...you can't beat eBay for washers and dryers. But, I don't have time for that stuff...I have things to see and people to do so I'll be pretty preoccupied with other stuff for a while.

Well, it's now 2:27 AM so I think that I should probably go to bed. I still have a bunch of energy but I think I'll expend it in my bed...buffing my fingernails. I may sleep late but I don't want to so I'll leave a note to wake my ass up as soon as someone comes into the kitchen. I'll leave the note on the macadamia nut/white chocolate chip cookies. That should ensure my wake-up call.

:):):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home