.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Sunday!

I'm still happy to be home...I gave myself the week to recover from my trip and get my house back to normal. I've worried about NOTHING except getting my house the way Ileft it. Most of that is just house work...I had to put a million things back where they belonged and of course, I has to FIND a million other things.

Of course I did laundry including stripping all the beds and putting nice, pretty bed clothes on them. I wanted to buy some new Spring stuff but it wasn't on sale and I refuse to buy shit that's not on sale unless I HAVE to have it that day. This wasn't an emergency so I let the new bed clothes go for now.

I also washed, vacuumed and swept every piece of floor in my house. I dusted everything, I hung up the paintings that I brought back from Florida, I detailed my car inside and out by myself...replacing every fluid that I knew how to replace...and I even went out and bought 4 different kinds of light bulbs for my many types of ceiling fan lights, table lamps and the pretty little butterfly in my room that lights up.

Of all the crap that I did...grocery shopping was the worst. It was the worst because my cupboards were literally bare, the fridge AND freezer were empty and I had minimal cleaning products. Oh...and I bought a new oven so I had to buy a bunch of stuff that I can bake. I'm so happy about that!

So, when I first got home, I spent $300 on staples, Hot Pockets and fruit. Of course, I got a bunch of things that my son put on a list...you would think that $300 dollars would take care of the basic groceries...wouldn't you? Nope. After I bought the oven, I had to go back to get bake-able items like biscuits, chocolate chips for cookies and nuts for brownies. That was another hundred bucks. And THEN...last night...at about 2 AM...I developed a massive desire for a fresh strawberry cake. I had the strawberries, but not the cake stuff. I had yellow and I knew I needed white. So...back to the store for cake stuff...including round cake pans...and whatever else I felt like baking. $174 later...I went home with my jaw dropped as I realized that I have spent 500 dollars at the grocery store this past week.

I'm nuts over my oven. I made that cake but the strawberries thinned the frosting so that sucked. But it IS still good. I just learned something for next time...dry the strawberries as well as you can.

Right now I think I could make any kind of cookie that you wanted. I have walnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans and a few bags that just say, "Nut Topping." They don't commit to any one nuts but the ingredients list peanuts (I could have guessed that) and pecans. I guess those are cheap. I'll use them when I run out of other nuts or make if I make Sundaes should I get some whipped cream.

That reminds me, I also got a bunch of ice cream and different toppings. And of course I have the nuts so if I wanted to, I could have ice cream fun and that's ALWAYS a good thing.

Other things that I spent a LOT of money on include a months supply of dog food, cat food and treats for all...of course I bought a BUNCH of yogurt and fruit...fresh veggies...and stuff you don't eat like Windex, paper towels and Comet.

You know...I think I'm going to bake some cookies with macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Doesn't that sound good? Yeah...it sure does. Grandma is baking cookies today!

2 Comments:

Blogger akakarma said...

I'm coming over for ice cream sundaes! Welcome home Meg.

April 13, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks girl!

C'mon over if you'd like a Sundae...just bring your own whipped cream or watch the cookies while I go get some.

I'm baking all day and I'm also cleaning out my cabinets. After I get them clean, I'm putting new paper on the shelves. So far I've only finished one cabinet and I haven't even figured out how to get all the stuff back in it. I can't believe so much crap fit in that one cabinet. I'm gonna take a picture of the mess so far!

Meg

April 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home