.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hello there!

I'm up early because I have some place to be this morning. I'm at my own house and I like it!

Now, I have to go to The Square to handle something that allow me to enjoy my house even more. I hope I can write something worth reading before I have to get ready to leave. Maybe, if I try really hard to think of something really funny and then I type it really fast...maybe I'll be OK before I stop.

So far, all I've done is make my OWN pot of coffee and kick a dog and a cat out of my room. I was right...Payton freaked when I walked in the door. I had planned on standing outside the door waiting to see if he recognized me by my smell but when I drove up, my son was working on his car and he was doing something that made exhaust go everywhere so not even a dog could have smelled anything besides carbon monoxide.

So, I just walked in the house and stood there for 20 minutes as Payton jumped up and down on me, barking and just plain acting happy to see me. When I got about 2 hours south of my house, I started getting really excited about seeing my dog. I couldn't wait! Apparently, he was happy too because he hasn't stopped following me around yet. While I work in the kitchen, he keeps biting my shirt and that can't be. I was wearing that stupid 166 dollar shirt that I got at Nordstrom's. It's a shirt meant to wear with jeans...it was appropriate to wear around the house...but it seems like an awful lot of money to worry about as the dog is nipping at my shirt bottom. Oh, another thing that happened when I got 2 hours south of my house is that I started driving like an Atlanta idiot. I cut off my first person...not real bad...just enough to let him know that he needs to get out of the way when I have my directionals on for 5 minutes.

When I got here, by kitchen was bare. The cabinets where pretty much empty, the freezer was almost totally empty except for a package of chicken with so much freezer burn that I just through it away. The fridge was totally empty of anything but a few old condiments that I don't trust so I emptied that and cleaned it. Then, I went shopping and spent $300 filling the cabinets and fridge back up with food.

The worst part is, I didn't even buy a bunch of stuff that I could cook meals with...I just bought staples, dog food, Healthy Choice frozen dinners and toiletries. I was out of every single staple that you could imagine. Oh, of course, I got myself a bunch of fruit so maybe now I'll get back to being a bit more regular. :)

The first thing I did after Payton stopped jumping on me is to unload the SUV that I rented and bring everything into my room. Payton jumped up in the car and refused to get out while I unloaded that thing. He sat in the driver's seat as if to say, "I may not be able to keep you here...but if I sit right in this seat, you can't leave without me!"

The cats are happy to see me but Payton won't let them get close to me...he's a jealous little sucker. Poor Stewie, as soon as I have the time to chase his ass around the house...I have to catch him and take him to be deballed and declawed. If he isn't mad at me for leaving, he will be when I take him to the vet's office. Oh well, he's too aggressive now, especially considering my other cat...McFly...is already declawed. I like my cats declawed and deballed...they pretty much become living statues after they're fixed. I don't have to worry about them breaking one of my antiques and Stewie did that while I was gone.

OK damn it...I have to go to The Square now. Well, actually, I have to get dressed first. Then I can go to The Square. Then I can go to find a new oven, then I can go buy groceries to make meals with, then I can go to the pet shop to get things for my aquarium and then, if I'm really lucky...I'll have the time to get reacquainted with my remote control.

See ya!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lara Croft said...

LOL at Payton sitting in the car seat :-)

April 10, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Lara, it was funny. He sat in that seat and never even tried to go in the house. I was walking in and out because I had a LOT of stuff in that SUV. I bought stuff in Florida and I brought back a bunch of stuff that I had stored at my father's house.

Okey dokey, I have to write a post. I'll post it when I'm done.

See ya in a few!

Meg

April 10, 2008  
Blogger akakarma said...

He's saying "I keep my eye on you"!How cute.

April 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home