.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, April 21, 2008

My father just called me...

...to tell me that Jean stopped breathing this morning while she was at dialysis. The EMT's didn't know that she had a Do Not Resuscitate order so they restored her breathing and put her on a ventilator. The doctors asked my father if he wanted them to pull the plug. He called me to ask me what to do. I told him that he should leave it to God and let them pull the plug. He's on his way to the hospital to be next to her when they do pull it. He'll be calling me when they see what happens after they stop the vent. I'll be back to let you know what happens.

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

Meg -

One thing I never see you mention, but I assume it to be the case:

Does your dad love Jean?

April 22, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yes. The thing that I loved most about Jean was the fact that, before Alzheimer's hit her, she was as sarcastic and quick witted as was my father. She was good for him and was an excellent verbal sparing partner. (Is that one R or two? They don't have spell check on these comments.)

Now, I have a sad post to write...so I'll do that now.

Meg

April 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand the psychology behind divorcing someone and then still loving and caring for them "till death do us apart..." Your father must be a good person with a good conscience. And I say this after suffering from the coldheartedness my ex showed me during our divorce

SolarisGal (can't log in lol)

April 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home