.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

OK then...

...once again I have outlasted the old people and I am the only person who isn't snoring very loudly in this condo right now. I wanted to be sure that my father was asleep so I walked out onto the balcony and peeked in his bedroom window to be sure he wasn't still sitting in there with an angry scowl on his face. He was asleep...and not just dozing off asleep, he was 100%, curled up and snoring asleep. That meant that I could do a few naughty things.

I turned the TV up past 40 (his preset decibel level audible only to my father and a couple of neighborhood dogs.), I cranked that AC from 79 all the way down to a nippy 76 and I watched The Family Guy instead of The O'Reilly Factor. If he had been awake he would have slapped me silly for all of that. I'm beginning to see why I married so young and so poorly. I just had to get the hell out of the house. I grabbed the first thing that walked by and when that didn't work, I grabbed the second thing that walked by. After that I waited a few years, choosing instead to suck beer on a regular basis. Then I really fucked up. Hence...this blog.

Oh well. I did see a good movie. Rick was right about that anyway...The Departed was a really, really good movie. It made me think that if I were Italian, I wouldn't be happy about those Godfather movies. Those Irish kids in The Departed didn't turn out too well either...they must have been related to my nutty Irish ascendants. The whole movie just reinforced my understanding of why my family of origin appears a tad askew. But I've just decided to believe that everyone in the world has a nutty family and that mine isn't any more nuts than any other family that I've ever seen.

I could almost rewatch that movie again just to catch the parts where I couldn't tell Matt Damon from Leonardo DeCaprio. I didn't know which one was which for the first half hour. I see how black people might have a problem telling us apart...not that there's anything wrong with that...but I can understand how it could happen.

I spent the entire Fahrenheit 451 trying to figure out if the same chick was playing both female roles. They looked so much alike that I thought it was the same chick until I checked the credits. And in THAT movie, the two characters were never in the same scene. I was really screwed. But tonight I could tell the two dudes apart because they acted so differently. That Leo guy is a pretty good actor. And apparently...he really IS good looking.

Not that anyone needed me to tell them that but my daughter saw him at a museum and didn't know who he was. She just thought that he was a good looking tall dude until she started trying to figure out why he was running away with a bunch of people running after him. That must suck, 'ey? At least he's a tall guy...Matt Damon doesn't strike me as the tall type although on a movie screen, he looks pretty damn good the way he is. Of course, I wouldn't have any respect for him once I looked down at his blonde head...but in the meantime, he does LOOK good.

Anyway, they BOTH looked good in the movie so that was a bonus.

I have to do one more thing before I can fall asleep and that is clean the kitchen. I think my dad was annoyed because I didn't empty the dishwasher before he got to it. That's not my fault...I just have a higher tolerance for full dishwashers than he does. I hate people with a low tolerance for a mess. They clean up when the mess bothers THEM and then pound their chests as though they've done something really wonderful and not only is it a wonderful thing that THEY did...but you're supposed to be grateful to them for doing it. When it bothers me, I'll get to it. In the meantime you're only being selfish if YOU clean the kitchen. You're cleaning it for yourself and that's no big fricking deal...I do the same thing, I just do it later which could almost be considered EARLIER than the NEXT time you were gonna do it so DAD...GET...OFF...MY...BACK!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lara Croft said...

LOL doesnt matter how old ya are does it lol

April 03, 2008  
Blogger akakarma said...

I think it was the first time that I realized that Leonardo had turned the corner from a child-man into a hunky sexy guy- wait maybe that was Blood Diamonds? Anyway- he is...
I wonder if I'll get slammed for writing a comment on your blog- I feel so brave, LOL.

April 03, 2008  
Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

LG and I used to do movie nights, and saw The Departed together, and thought it ROCKED. I think we both own it now.

April 03, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Lara, Nope. Here I am almost 50 years old and he still thinks that his same old tactics will work on me. Over the past 30+ years since I left home...I've been a few places and experienced a few things. I've even met a few people. I have a world of knowledge that he seems to dismiss. One of my best things is that I read people like a book. I see exactly what he's doing even if he doesn't. So he doesn't mess with my head. But Jean keeps saying, "Why is your father mad?" I tell her I don't know and I don't care. If it were important enough he would discuss it rationally. So far, nothing seems to be very important to him. But once again...NOT my problem. I can't control another human being. So...I don't try. I think that's what bugs him the most. The only left is a spanking and I'd knock his lights out if he tried.

AKA, Ooh...I respect your bravery and am in awe at your sheer sense of que sera sera. May God show mercy on you and keep you safe through any incriminations that you may face.

Eliza,

I need to own it too. I looked to see when it was on again today and the search thing said midnight. I don't know if that was last midnight or this midnight. I do want to watch it again...especially if someone watches it with me. Damn...it's a good movie! Oh...is Blood Diamond good as well? I could watch that...I think.

:):):)

April 03, 2008  
Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

I own that too, and Hotel Rwanda...and they are FREAKING incredible.

I like serious movies....LG says she is jealous of my collection.

The one thing I don't have that they don't have in release is the original "Rebecca"....

April 03, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OK then...I'll go watch Blod Diamond. Damn...I hope I can find it again.

April 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home