.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good morning all!

Once again, I slept one helluva long night. I had the strangest dream that I actually remember. Usually I don't remember any of my dreams at all. I don't know why...I just don't. I might remember a flash here or there, but it's quite rare that I remember enough of a dream to tell anyone what they're about.

When Rick and I were married, I always remembered them because they were usually about him cheating on me. Those dreams would wake me up immediately and I would have to kick him a bit, just hard enough for him to think HE was the one who was dreaming.

My dream from last night was one that truly shocked me. Not DURING the dream...during the dream I knew exactly what was going on. But when I woke up and realized what I had dreamt about...I actually furrowed my brow and said, "Where the hell did THAT come from!"

I dreamt that I was back with my ex...not Rick, but the father of my kids. The dream never showed how we got back together, but we were. We were living in the last apartment that we really DID live in when we separated. He was actually being nice to me like he used to be before he married a teenager who wouldn't allow him to be nice to me. Quite the opposite...she made sure that there was always some crisis going on that was somehow my fault. In the 20 years since they got married, my children were never allowed to see their parents get along like normal people.

I don't remember every single detail of the dream, but we were together and for some reason, I was carrying a suitcase throughout the entire dream. I also remember that he was still short. He was the last short dude that I was ever with. Actually, he was one of 2 short dudes that made me stick to tall guys. I haven't dated a short guy since we divorced.

I don't think he reads this...and hopefully I'm right because I would hate for him to know that I dreamt about him. But my kids DO read this so to them...Mommy isn't saying anything mean, I'm just talking about a dream that I had. Daddy didn't do anything bad in the dream at all. There's nothing bad to say about him now so don't worry.

Maybe it's because I spoke to him the other day. That conversation was the first one that we've had in ions where he was actually nice to me. He thanked me for calling him and I thanked him for returning my call. Then I hung up and wondered what the hell he was up to. I'll be looking over my shoulder for a while now.

I spent the last of my cash on animal food and a bag of Reece's Pieces. Now I better not get hungry because my options are rather slim. I could eat a can of corn, boiled pasta or chicken bouillon. If I were to get really hungry, I could eat them all at once. The rent is due tomorrow and my landlord is such a decent guy that I doubt he'd take it in trade for something that I do have...my body.

That's probably a good thing because I am still in my self imposed celebacy. OOH! That reminds me, I'm supposed to call a guy that I know this week. Damn, I hate that. He should have called me because when I get home, I totally forget the numbers in my purse.

To tell you the truth, I have no desire to date anyone now anyway. I always worry that I'm going to have to fight the guys off at the end of the date. That's no fun. I'd like to go out on a normal date. You know, the kind where the guy picks you up, you go out and have fun and then he walks you to the door for a nice kiss goodnight. Maybe I've been watching too much Leave it to Beaver.

If there are still women who like to date like that, you would think that there might be a guy or two that would think the same way.

They say that life begins at 40. Well, my 40's sucked. I spent the first half dealing with a cheating husband and the second half getting over a cheating husband. Now I'm 50 and if 50 is supposed to be the new 40...maybe my new life will begin NOW!

OK...I'm waiting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home