.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why do some people think...


...that this is an appropriate "first contact" sort of message?

Hello...53 y/o W/M in the metro area here( Conyers).Very nice profile and picture you have..Lets talk.I have Yahoo messenger and AOL to chat on.....****Yahoo....gary***1AOL ...********775

I guess it's a good thing that he mentioned that stupid IM chat thing right up front because I don't do it. As I told this one:

I don't do IM's. I always end up being one of 5 chicks being juggled and I'm far too good for that.

I don't know why anyone would juggle so many people. And do they really think that we don't know? You sit there waiting for a long time after you type something and send it. It'd be different if they were typing long answers, but I could ask a question like:

"Do you ever watch Family guy?" and then he would make me wait...

...and wait.

...and wait.

...and wait.

After a bit more waiting he finally answers me:

"No."

That's it...nothing else, not even an apology for taking so long. No thank you...I won't get myself into that situation again.

It's always interesting to see what these guys say when I answer their request in such a way. They either tell me some bullshit like, "I don't do that!" to which I want to say, "Why? Have your testicles been stolen?" No guy who enjoys IMing with people whom they don't know is going to avoid all other women who are IMing them at the time.

Sometimes they say, "HA! Like you don't juggle a few guys yourself!" Actually, I don't. I have no desire to. I won't lie and say that I wouldn't IM one guy after I finished another one...but I wouldn't want to do them all at the same time. I can't keep up with that crap.

Then, there's the smart guys. They just never write you again.

A guy who've I've been friends with just let me know that he never pursued a friendship with me because we were quite a distance from each other. It's not like he'd have to take an airplane, he'd just have to drive a few hours. After knowing each other for more than 3 1/2 years, I wouldn't have thought I would have to tell him that he's welcome to come to my place and stay for a few days.

He's come down here before, but only for a short trip. He pretty much had to turn around after while and drive home. I wish I had known that he felt that way, I would have told him he could come down anytime.

I know he'll read this and I hope he forgives me for discussing this stuff...but as you know, I tell you guys a lot. Even if I don't name names, or I change the story slightly to protect the innocent, I still tell you things that happen to me. And this is a good thing that I HAVE to tell someone. So dude, forgive me. :)

He said that he thought that I might just be acting like the nice person that I am. I told him I'm not that nice, I wouldn't speak to anyone that I didn't like for more than 5 minutes. I'd find some reason to get rid of them. And I certainly wouldn't let just any person into my home. Huge dog or no huge dog, that wouldn't be wise.

So, hopefully I will be having a visitor soon. He said he'd be happy to mow my lawn which I am really having a tough time with because of my stupid foot.

Could you guys all do me a favor? Close your eyes and will that check from the court show to come to my house...SOON! I can't work with my broken foot and my checking account is overdrawn and my roommate is leaving so the money that I had counted on for next month's rent is not going to come to me. I am so screwed that I'm about ready to laugh because I am not in the mood to cry!

:):):)

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Here's an email I got after I posted that last post:

Hi Meg,
Thank you.......I've been feeling a bit down . Today I feel more alive than I have in weeks. Your caring tone and sincerity boldly underscores to me that my first impression of you was right on the mark. With your permission I'll begin planning a trip your way, this trip will be all about you. This is a promise. This is my public reply and tell the world if you wish. You've got company coming. I'll call in a day or so.

****

I cut out his name but I wanted to show you this...it's been okayed for public showing so I had to show it to you...now he HAS to come!

:)

July 30, 2008  
Blogger Determined said...

lol wouldn't it be funny if he's five feet tall?

July 30, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

First of all, I've met him and he isn't a midget. Secondly, at this point, especially after Rick, I realize that tall guys are not automatically good guys. I've lowered my height requirement to 5'10". Next month I'm accepting guys 5'7".

:)

July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home