.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good morning!!!


I seem to have slept rather soundly last night. I stayed up late but once I fell asleep, I was out for good. I woke up at something to 9 and that's relatively late for me.

My checking account had 6 overdraft charges on it when I got home yesterday. I never looked at it while I was out of town, so I had no idea what was going on. There's a charge for 4 dollars and an overdraft charge of 34 for that 4 bucks. I don't know what the last few charges were, I just know that it cost me 34 dollars to pay each charge. I think I would rather they sent the payments back.

Then, when I woke up I had to pay the cable bill and I'm not sure...but I think I overdrew myself again. I am truly screwed but there's nothing that I can do about it now. I guess I'll try to figure something out when I finish this post. I called the bank and they said that they would have paid anything up to $1,000. So, the next time I want to overdraw myself, I'll do it for a lot of money. I guess I'll have to go and try it today because if I don't, I WILL probably be overdrawn tomorrow.

That's a helluva plan for my finances this week, isn't it? Damned Prince Charming just isn't out there. If he is, he took his horse to somebody elses house. I wish he would come and take me back to Chicago. Actually, what would be nice is if he could send me straight to where I was when I made the hideous error of telling Rick, "If you want me, come and get me."

How stupid was that? I had a perfectly good life and I said, "Duh...come take me and fuck up my life. I NEED for you to do that!" I must say, he certainly did do that. Oh...I really, really need my xanax today. I think I'll call it in to be refilled.

BRB.

OK...damn...I forgot to call it in. I got sidetracked feeding animals. Crap, I have to go back and try it again.

There. Now I've done it.

I forgot to tell you something yesterday when I was telling you how the judge show did my hair and make-up...and it was so messed up. I forgot to tell you about the wardrobe thingie. I had worn a dress with a blazer on it that I had picked out over a month ago when I was first supposed to go on the show. I got there and they didn't like the blazer.

They said that it was "too loud" so they took it away and dressed me in a black jacket. My dress had black in it, but very little. Mostly it looked brown and the blazer was orange. That stupid blazer went with the dress, it was sold as an ensemble. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that they were trying to make me look tacky. I wonder if someone said, "She looks rather refined, take some of the good make-up off of her face and put this crap on it. Then, take that sharp outfit and make it look trailer park-ish.

So, you guys can't bitch at me...I didn't look like that until THEY made me do it. The more I think about it, the more I feel like they wanted me to look bad. I'm quite sure that they wanted me to act badly. I had evidence for my claim and the judge only gave me part of it back. The only way that I could have done anything differently was to make the defendant look stupid and I wasn't going to do that. If my evidence didn't work, I was fucked. I knew that...but I didn't know that there was any way that I could have looked bad. After all, I was right.

But, the judge DID find a way to make me loo bad and when that happened, I had one little chance to go into the bullshit that they wanted me to go into. The only problem was that it had absolutely nothing to do with the case. I figured that I had to talk some sort of shit to even get on the stupid show so I told them everything beforehand. But, once we got there, I wasn't about to act all Jerry Springer on national TV so I just took what the judge dished out to me.

At one point, I said, "OK, if that makes me an evil wench from hell, so be it." I didn't care. Show me the money! I just didn't want the money badly enough to act like an idiot. Now that I see my empty bank account, I'm rethinking that plan.

Oh, someone asked me how the show works and since they ALL work the same, I guess that I can tell you that much. The show pays you an appearance fee, they fly you to the show and then they put you up for the night in a pretty nice hotel. There's a $35 voucher at the hotel for your food so if you order room service or go to the hotel restaurant, you can get use the 35 bucks. So far it's the transportation, food and hotel...and they drive you to and from the studio and airport. (They didn't take me back to the airport because I stayed for a few more days. They don't care when you go home, it doesn't cost them any more.)

Then, of course, they pay the award that you get from the judge. So, the show will be sending me the check "within 30 days". I told someone else and they said, "Wow! I can pretend to owe someone money!" You can, but they ask a LOT of questions. And they want you to actually file the case in your local small claims court. If you are faking it, at some point you really will perjure yourself. So, it's best just to wait for a real case. If you look hard enough, you can find one.

At one point the judge asked me how I was "feeling". I didn't know that would matter. I have a hundred different answers for that stupid question NOW...but then all I could think to do was to defend myself. I shouldn't have done that. I should have just acted like myself and been a bitch.

Crap. It would have served me well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

Girl; Bank overdraft charges suck. What I find to be even more insulting are overdraft charges incurred for...overdraft charges!!!

July 29, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Damn it, they sure do. After the first two, the rest WERE overdraft charges on overdraft charges.

:(

July 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home