.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hello all!

I popped in because I was so excited about something and I wanted to tell someone. I figured that telling the entire planet should do.

Back when I was doing stand-up, I hosted my own comedy show that I took around to different clubs. I would go out looking for talent to hire for my show. One of the young comics that I found at The Punch Line in Sandy Springs, Georgia was named Ron G. He was very young, probably too young to be in most of the places that we played. He was a good young man, he never drank in those clubs even though as one of the comics, he could have gotten away with it. He was very good and very dedicated. I've kept up with him on MySpace but I haven't really been in touch with him lately. I get a shout out every so often telling me what he's up to.

He moved out to LA a while back and started doing some clubs out there. Tonight I walked into my bedroom and the TV was on. I glanced over at the screen as I walked past it and I noticed a familiar face. I couldn't place it for a second or two but then I saw that it was him! He was one of a groups of comics commenting about the stand-ups competing on Last Comic Standing.

He wasn't just one of the comics, he was one of the comics that got to chat about the others. That was so cool because it means that I really did know good people when I saw them. I should have stayed in the business but cancer and a cheating husband doesn't give you a lot of material...for about 4 years. You get to a point where the pain must be summoned. It doesn't visit you uninvited anymore. Then the humor of the situation begins to set in.

Speaking of funny crap...a BB (blog buddy) suddenly and unexpectedly heard from her husband for the first time in a very long time. Apparently it had something to do with something he read on THIS blog today so I'm pleased to have had even a small hand in that little piece of salacious info. It was brief but efficiently so. And...it was first re-contact.

BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!

We bitter bitches don't get too many YEEEEEHAAAAA moments so we take 'em where we can get 'em. Talk about the humor setting in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

*blushes*

July 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home