.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

I keep sleeping...

...enough but I always wake up tired lately. I don't know why that is. I have been mighty stressed...maybe that has something to do with it. I find myself realizing that my muscles are all tightened...I have to put effort into relaxing those suckers. Thank God for Xanax.

On top of that, I'm worried about my daughter. I really, really need to see her but I can't afford a ticket to LA right now. I just keep telling myself that before I know it, I will be with her and then I take another Xanax. I worry about the kids so much and there's really nothing that I can do to make it stop.

Oh well...I can always have fun with email. That's what I'm doing now. Remember the dude in the He Said:She Said thing? Well, he returned my email with a nice kiss off of his own:

It was a honest mistake. Please note that I wrote "guest blogger" and correctly spelled the word "Blogger." I worry about the state of your mind if you can't handle such a minor and honest mistake by another human being. This is a total turn off. You shouldn't be writing sex blogs. I will note this at your blog tonight.

OK. What's wrong with that picture? I didn't say he was totally illiterate, I just said that he misspelled a word:

"...I could be a guest blogger at your bog?..."

1. I don't have a bog. I avoid bogs. Funky green things with or without webbed toes live in bogs.
2. A-If you were truly worried about my state of mind you should have stayed away from me and:
B-Um..."minor and honest mistake" is in the eye of the beholder. If you don't care enough to put the spellchecker on for me, you obviously don't care what I think of your writing skills. I can accept a minor gaffe if it was part of an overall sweet or funny correspondence, but yours doesn't qualify.
3. A total turn off? Which part of my response gave you the impression that I WASN'T trying to, at the very least, dampen your spirits?
4. Sex blogs? I wrote a sex post. I also mention my ex husband every so often. That doesn't make this a bald man blog.

And the biggest faux pas of all, number 5. You threatened me with some vague nonsense that I don't really care about. Wouldn't you think that this would come from a very manipulative person? I wonder how many women do fall for his techniques?

Anyway, I'm nothing if not a good teacher so I told Email Dude:

"OK but you'd be making a silly mistake. I just made a joke...you're taking it far too seriously. Now, if you were smart, you'd be persistently annoying."

Now he has had time to think about things and he is playing the game much better. He does show some promise. But, he's awfully green. That's not TOO bad, green wood is MUCH more pliable.

It was he who asked to be a guest on this blog (unless he really DID mean "BOG") so I don't feel badly for putting his handiwork out there. I won't out his ass, but if he wants to play, I'm always right here.

I wonder what nasty things he was going to "note" at my blog tonight? And...I wonder why he had to wait until night to say it. Maybe he knew it would take him that long to come up with something good. That's why an email relationship can be so misleading. He has all the time in the world to think of something clever to say. When I make a joke, you have to get it right then, not on your way home. I don't like stupid people.

I think it would be more accurate to say, "I don't FUCK stupid people." I DO like a few. Some of the stupidest people I ever met were also some of the most decent. That inability to "think outside of the box" has it's good points...stupid people know the rules and obey them. They're too stupid to even consider something other than the clearly defined rules.

My ex was a bit of a conundrum, I must say. He was both stupid and immoral. No matter how well he hid everything, he was an open book. I could figuratively smell the other women on my husband. He was too stupid to see that his lies gave him away and then he was stupid enough to stick to those lies no matter how many laws of physics his story broke. But, I was the stupidest of all, I gave up 25 years of my life to a bald headed, skid mark producing, hairy backed smelly dude. Ain't that a bitch?

So...I was dragged away from the house yesterday to go out for dinner. That was nice. But I think that today I'm going to get dressed, drive to Kroger, come home and call it a day. If you need anything, I'll be on the couch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

Well then I hope we win the lottery. I think that'll solve many problems. It may even be able to get you back some of those 25 years - if you know what I mean.

August 17, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Last night my not-a-date friend and I sat at a table watching the every 4 minute mini-lottery keno thing they have here in Gogia. I blew 5 bucks on that. I usually play 4 numbers and get my money back. Last night I played 10 and didn't even bother taking the ticket to the counter. I only had four out of ten in the best game.

I should have spent that 5 bucks on zillion dollar games. Damn.

:(

August 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home