.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Apparently there's a storm...

...of some sort headed for Chi-town and since I'm relatively close the the Windy City, I thought I should get out a post before it knocks out my power or cable/internet access. I've been outside already and it seems rather warm for this time of year but the winds are certainly whipping up. I can't imagine that there will be a leaf left on a tree by lunchtime. Of course the moniker "Windy City" has nothing to do with the velocity of the blowing air, but it certainly does blow enough to make most believe in that false notion. Today is no exception.

My ex is more the type to give the Windy City it's name, he's a died in the wool blow hard. (By the way, do not confuse that ex with my idiotex, they are 2 totally different ex's.) He's also a gadget dude, he doesn't by useful gadgets like lathes, he buys stupid gadgets like Ronco products. My friend, a perfectly rational person (ordinarily) has made a purchase that would make my ex jealous. She purchased a facesucker for her daughter, wrapped it up and called it a birthday gift. In case you've never seen a facesucker, here it is:



You see the suction cup thingie? That's what you apply to the offending facial lesion and, according to the package, it will magically be sucked off of your face. I think it is, in reality, a beginner's vibrator. Kids can call it a facesucker all they want, but like my mother's face massager...we all know it serves another purpose.

Ooh, there are some ominous sounds emanating from outside...I must go see what is happening. BRB.

Uh...yeah, that's a storm. This is gonna be fun.

Today I should be able to accomplish something. For the past week or so I've been so tired that I wondered if I had cancer again. I've tried everything that I could think of, drinking more coffee, drinking no coffee. I've tried drinking more water, taking ferrous sulfate, multi-vitamins and afternoon naps. I've tried whatever I could think of to wake my tired self up but nothing has worked. Then, this morning, before I took my morning dose of Zyrtec, I read the bottle. Sure enough, it causes drowsiness. I usually don't get drowsy from medicine, not even medicine that really, really causes drowsiness like Xanax. But, apparently, Zyrtec has thrown me for a loop...whatever the hell that means. So I didn't take it today. Maybe I'll be able to stay awake although if Chicago does, in fact, have the "worst storm in 70 years", I doubt that it'll help much anyway.

I sort of wish it were colder here. I've been in the South for so long that I haven't seen a decent blizzard in a very long time. I'm sure one good one will cure my longing for snow but that first snowfall should be fun.

OK then, I've discussed facesuckers, my Zrytec problem and the weather. I think I'm done for now. Oh, and by the way, I bought that t-shirt when the Bears were 3 and 0.

PS The Zyrtec I took yesterday morning just wore off and now I remember why I took it in the first place. I'm SICK! Now I need to take more of it. Night night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home