.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Back in the day when I thought I was happily married...

...I liked to take care of my husband when he was, in any way, incapacitated. For a while, the top of his right foot began to hurt so much that he actually went to a doctor for it. It  turned out to be a bone spur which was  removed surgically. When the idiot ex came home from the hospital, I had everything set up to allow him to recover in as much comfort as possible. I waited on him for a couple of days and on one of those days, I felt a new and odd pain in the exact same place on top of my right foot about an inch from my big toe. It was actually in the same spot as his incision. I just assumed it was a coincidence, perhaps even some crazy empathetic pain. I didn't mention it at the time because I didn't want to look like a nut. I mean...how many people have an inexplicable pain on the top of their right foot immediately proximal  to the big toe? The odds of two in one household would have to be astronomical.

Anyway, over the years...that had to be about 10 years ago give or take...that pain had returned every so often. I could go for weeks without it bothering me. And then, out of nowhere, the pain pops up again. It hasn't been a bad pain, it would probably be better described as "tender". I wouldn't take an aspirin for the hyper-sensitivity during those times and I've never even bothered to tell a doctor about it because there was always something else more pressing going on...like strokes and sudden, unexpected internal bleeding.

So, I've ignored my right foot and that's twice. Once I had actually broken my right baby toe in a stairway tumble. As the doctors explained it to me, the fracture was clean across the base of my toe and the only way to fix it properly was actually surgery. Apparently, if I didn't have a pin put in my baby toe, it very well might have broken off at the slightest provocation. I thought that was a bit much so I asked them how much it would cost to just amputate the stupid thing. They wouldn't do that and I wouldn't have surgery on a baby toe...besides, I also broke my left arm in the same fall and once again, my right foot suffered as everyone in the ER tended to my broken arm. Maybe this is all my foot taking revenge on me for the baby toe incident.

As I said, I rarely give my foot much thought and I certainly wasn't thinking about my toe as I  was cleaning the tile on the walls above a bathtub. They needed a good scrubbing and a whole lot of CLR. I was standing on the  bathtub, the part you step over to get into the tub. The highest tiles were high enough force me to reach up with some steel wool (that tub was really funky, this task took me 3 days to complete) and the position I was in allowed CLR  and other chemicals to drip down my up stretched arms. It was hideous...but I took a shower when I finished. There was no way I could have comfortably "cleaned" myself in such a funky tub, the effort had to be made. But I digress.

My ten year old right foot pain grabbed me and won't let go. It isn't the usual benign pain that I usually feel...it even just a wee bit worse. It hurts so fricking badly that I've taken 3 aspirin tablets and just as many 5 mg. oxycodone's. None of that has done a bit of good. I can barely put wait on my right foot and sitting here  at the desk, I can feel gravity leaving too much blood in my right big toe so I must hobble to the couch and elevate my poor little foot.  I think I'll take a detour through the kitchen because if I remember properly, there's ice cream in the freezer. I cleaned the freezer so the ice cream is OK.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It lasted a whole day for you?

October 13, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

The pain? Yeah, this is the third day and my foot is swollen, red and hot. I must hobble wherever I go and it's getting on my nerves, I have things to do that require two feet.

:(

October 14, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. The thought that you were happily married.

October 14, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Duh...if I never thought we were happily married I would have left years ago. The "happiness" ended so abruptly that I never saw it coming. That's why I was so angry.

Anyway, where are you? Email me at megkelsobroderick@gmail.com

October 15, 2012  
Anonymous durable power of attorney said...

Yes, I agree with you Meg Kelso you done a great job there and it is very Good learning for every one to read your post, thank you for sharing.
estate planning attorney in Virginia

October 17, 2012  
Blogger LORD SHIVA said...

You are depressed,frustrated, sad and lonely, and sometimes you feel nobody cares. If you feel you are stuck in the wilderness in a situation that appears hopeless, you should know that you're not the only person this has happened to. And there is something you can do about it! Sometimes bad things happen to good people, and it appears whatever they do, they can't get out of the quagmire. If this describes you, don't give up. The situation is not hopeless. The prophet of goddess spells can turn things around for you,be it lost love,make someone sexually attracted to you,lose weight,stop smoking,get a promotion or raise or come into huge money,alter your future to bring forth happiness and success. Email me today on prophetofgoddess@yahoo.com or view my website on www.prophetofgoddess.com for a better life.

October 18, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. Man I remember when I used to care for my ex... douche. lol

October 23, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

How long did it take you to stop?

October 24, 2012  
Anonymous www.saveamarriagenow.com/ said...

Hi...I thought I was happily married for 20 years. During our time together I thought we were always there for each other. I thought he adored me.
Two years ago...he became depressed. He became very angry and had frequent outbursts and was generally unhappy with his life. I tried to be there for him...got him help from a physician, talked to him etc. and he thanked me for being so supportive. He seemed to think the meds were working and he seemed to be coping better. Then one Sunday morning he got up and told me that he "didn't think he loved me anymore" and that he couldn't do it anymore. Then he walked out. Two days before this happened we had lunch together and held hands! I found out four weeks later that he was having an affair. I was crushed. He came back a year later...begged for forgiveness and I started to forgive him and then I caught him with his lover again! Why would he do this to me?? Also, in the last two years he has sought me out numerous times and cried and told me that he has made a mistake and a few weeks later he tells me that the marriage had issues...I am confused...no issues were ever mentioned when we were married...he certainly never said he was contemplating leaving ever...

November 04, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home