.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, April 12, 2013

If ever you feel stupid...

...be happy that you aren't as obtuse as those in charge at Doby Elementary school in Hillsborough County, Florida who won't let a little girl bring her service dog to school. District spokesman Stephen Hegarty wonders, "Who is going to take care of the dog?" School officials want to know why the little girl needs a service dog. As the owner of a wonderful service dog who saved my life (I'll never know how many times.), I happen to know that it is ILLEGAL to ask someone why they need a service dog before you grant them the services they request.

Nevertheless, "Laura Tobia, 6, has mitochondrial disorder, a condition that causes her energy to be depleted and affects her muscle coordination, strength and control..."There are so many things that this dog can do for her,' said her father, Scott Tobia."

Toni Eames, herself president of the International Association of Assistance Dog Partners queries, "My first question would be, Who is going to take care of the dog?

Well, I wonder...is the time of school employees shorter than the time of hospital employees? After a stroke, I had to stay in the CRITICAL CARE UNIT for a week. With me, at the foot of my hospital bed, was my service dog, Payton. Here we are in our room:



Somehow, the hospital had no problem whatsoever seeing to it that my dog was cared for. You can read that story here:

http://diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/2010/07/service-dog-in-room.html

If you still feel a bit foolish, check out this collection of Social Darwinism at work:






4 Comments:

Blogger Tundra Woman said...

No need to worry about the dog: It's smarter than the school administrators.
Why is that not one bit surprising?
TW

April 12, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The biggest shock to my system after my recent head issues was the high level of incompetent boobery that was evident in people I know are well educated and that went way out of their way to seek a career that put them in a position of determining the day to day quality of life in some compromised individuals. Don't be so willing to take on a job that requires snap decisions and can be very unpleasant to perform unless you are ready willing and able to perform the tasks you know you will be asked to perform. Or at least when you realize you are in over your head...QUIT! I could never be a nurse ...Or a teacher ... that's why I worked construction

April 12, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaysus those guys in the video are a craniostomy looking for a place to happen.

April 12, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh yeah. I laughed til I had tears in my eyes. I wonder how many broken bones are in that video?

April 13, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home