.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

What a beautiful morning!!!

I'm sitting on the roof overlooking Pacific Coast Highway and, a few blocks away, I can see the Pacific. It's to my back now so that I can see what I'm doing on the computer (almost). The sun is shining and except for a cumulus here or there, the sky is as clear as it can be.

My daughter just called to let me know that she'll be here soon so I wanted to check in and tell you guys about my grandson...you didn't think I'd let you out of this mess without bragging a bit...did you?

He's just adorable. I haven't heard him cry at all. He's the only baby I've ever seen that doesn't cry when he wakes up from his nap...he just sits there and says, "Mommy? Daddy?" His parents are never far so I guess he just doesn't have to cry.

When I got to their place yesterday, he was taking a nap. That made me NUTS!!! To have your grandson in the next room and not be able to go grab him and hug him is just torture. He didn't make me wait too long, though. When the baby monitor started saying, "Mommy?", both of his parents were in there quickly. So was his grandmother. Of course, he didn't know who I was so he rolled into Mommy for a minute. Then I told him that I had a car for him and he came out, not really shy at all for a 2 year old. We played with cars for a while and went outside to play some more. I was reading him a book and he sat next to me at one point and then he looked at me and puckered up for a kiss...all by himself! That was the best kiss I ever had in my entire life.

My daughter has to work today so I'm, hoping that her husband will come and get me so that I can play with cars again. I don't know if you guys remember or not but when my grandson was born, they found out that he only had one arm. (No, none of the ultrasounds caught it!) It was absolutely fascinating to watch him get along with what he does have. I bought him a car that you pull back and then let it go. It's a 57 Chevy and the doors open. I figured that he would be able to manipulate the car and it's doors when I bought it. I didn't know how he got anything done but he's figuring it out all by himself. He used his little upper arm to hold the car and then he used his left hand to open the doors. Between his upper arm and his chin, it's amazing what that little boy can do! I left at bedtime and slept here in a hotel room that my daughter rented for me. She works for the same company so she got a great deal on the room. I just have to be really, really good because I can't let anything I do get her in trouble.

Also, I've been thinking too. I knew that I couldn't think straight back in Florida so I tried to dismiss everything until I got here. Now I have to figure out what to do with myself. I feel so good this morning and if today is any indication of life post-bullshit, this should all be good. I don't know how long it'll take to be back to myself but it shouldn't take too long. I just have to remember how strong I've always been and trust myself to figure out how to get by day after day. Seriously, I'm not so bad.

And yes...pictures shall be forthcoming!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound an awful lot like a happy girl today

April 25, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put some more streaming video from your grandson out. I remembered him as soon as you mentioned his arm that kid doesn't need no stinking arm. He'll snatch you bald with his good one.

April 26, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home