.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Letter I Sent To The State's Attorney Today

You're not going to believe this, but Walter came by to see me this morning under the guise of returning a key (that he knew I didn't need). He asked where I was. He didn't come down the main road, he drove by the far corner of this place where he is aware that I often sit under a tree reading. Fortunately, I was shopping for liquid food at the time so I wasn't there. Now, do I have to worry that this freak is spying on me and can pop out from behind a bush? He has a gun, I saw it many, many times. It was left out in the open at one point for my benefit. He knows that I'm terribly frightened by guns and would never touch one. He utilized that fear to his own benefit. Bottom line, when he shows up at the place I live, he is STILL paralyzing me with fear. I wish you could know what it's like to be frightened into submission...just for 5 minutes. If you could do that, you would fight like a sonofabitch to see this Scaramouch in prison for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE and see to it that he does his time door to door. As a matter of fact, I haven't gone through all of this crap just to see him get probation. What he did to me WAS felony battery...I looked it up. He also kept me locked in that room. His lawyer can bicker that I could have left at some point, but I spent a LONG time locked up in that room with injuries and I was robbed of my freedom to walk outside. He did, for a debatable period of time, keep me from leaving. That WAS false imprisonment, I looked that one up too. Apparently, Tuesday's proceedings were reported back to him in some way that scared him which, in turn, scares me. He has even threatened my father who has done nothing to Walter. (My father is also aware that Walter got me the dog, he bragged about buying it for me to my father. He TOLD my dad that the dog was mine. I want my dog back.)

I understand that the merits of the case are somewhat shaky but all I want is a chance to speak in an open court of law. I am praying that you will give me that chance. Whatever happens to Walter happens. I'm leaving the state once this is over anyway, I'm even considering a move out of this country. Don't get me wrong, Ms. Athan can use all of the stalling tactics she wants to use, I'm here for the long haul. I came back to Florida to prosecute that cretin...I could have stayed with my daughter and her wonderful 2 year old son. But, at some point, I decided it would actually be better for my daughter, and all of the women about whom I care, if I were to stand my ground on this one. I made a decision to see this through to the end. When my ex husband abused a 21 year old me, I refused to testify against him. When my other ex abused a 41 year old me, the prosecutor called me to let me know that they had settled a plea negotiation. No one ever told me anything until things were finalized. I had absolutely no control. I've spent enough of my life without control of my own destiny because I trusted untrustworthy men to be in charge. If nothing else, my father taught me subservient obedience.

Just once in my life, I'd like to stand up for myself and say, "ENOUGH!" I will NOT be abused in any way ever again!" Merits of this case be damned, I deserve the chance to face my abuser and call him out for what he did to me. Maybe you'll have to work a bit harder, but I'm worth it...as will be Walter's next victim. That is, of course, assuming he hasn't any other plans to victimize me further before he moves on to some other woman with low self-esteem and little in the way of support.

I'm at a point in my life where I am not ashamed to beg. But please, don't make me beg for justice. All my life, I've put great stock in our justice system. I was raised by an attorney and I raised one myself. I was taught the importance of law and laws...I like to think that I passed that appreciation on to my children. None of them are in prison, they are all law abiding, tax paying citizens and I'm very proud of them. But right now I need to make my children proud of me. I mean I REALLY need for them to be proud of me. I cannot overstate that enough. After allowing Walter to do all of this to me, I must redeem myself to some extent by taking advantage of the one thing that I was born with, and supposedly still possess...the inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Walter took that away from me and if I lie down and take that without a fight, it's just "Margaret screwing up again".

I trust that the justice system will do the right thing in the end and I will have no problem whatsoever accepting whatever happens. All I want is the opportunity to tell the world that you can't do this to me and get away with it. I'll be fine with whatever penalty, or lack thereof, that our system deems appropriate. What I demand is to be heard...once and for all.
I have nothing left but myself...and I'm NOT NOTHING. I am something and I'm formidable when need be. I have the strength to see this entire process through, just give me that chance. I know that you have a huge caseload and I'm sure that you have other, more pressing concerns. But this is a big deal in my life. I'm at a crossroad here and it's extremely important that I fight back legally, if I don't, I remain a screw up for the rest of my life. This is actually one of the most important issues that I have ever faced and when it's all said and done, I MUST know that I did everything in my power to show my daughter, granddaughter, sisters and nieces (not to mention my friends and women in general) that an abused woman has the right to her day in court and that, come what may, she will be granted the opportunity to put her hand on the Bible and speak into that little microphone and tell the world the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...for the record.

Also, I'm sure this will come up should we go to trial so you should be aware of it.


http://diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/2013/06/to-make-this-easier-for-walters-attorney.html

That's a link to one specific post, you can hit HOME under the post to see the real time version. I am 100% positive that Ms. Athan is familiarizing herself with that sucker.



Meg (Margaret Kelso)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home