.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

So, today I left the hospital and came back, temporarily, to the hood. I'm going to hang out in a nice room for a couple of days thanks to my daughter. Anyway...my jaw was, of course, broken...but I knew that when I was in the ER before the CT scan because I felt the bone pieces scraping against each other. It was so icky. Naturally, I wasn't surprised at all when the doc said that my jaw was broken. Nor was I surprised when he said that I would be going straight into surgery. I had even bet my nurse that I would be in the OR before she got in her car. I won. Yay.

So, they did what's called an ORIF (open reduction and internal fixation)). I've seen many ORIF's of the hip, but not so many of the face...certainly not my own. When it stops hurting so much I'll check YouTube for the surgery and check it out. Right now, it just hurts. I'm struggling to eat Raman Noodles. I'll suck down as many as I can with as little pain as possible and then I'll lie down and put some effort into trying to fall asleep. I couldn't get comfortable last night for the pain but I DID have nurses bringing me lots of morphine. Tonight...not so much!

By the way, while I was there, Walter found out where I was and called so I had to be moved to another room and then, as usual, they listed me in a way that you couldn't find me there. You could call my room and I would answer, but you'd have to know the room number and once they moved me, Walter didn't know where I was...sorry for my friend who couldn't get through! I guess that's what Walter's are for.

OK then, it's bedtime for me. I'll be back tomorrow.

:)




See you all in the morning!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morphine makes me see winged ants flying around people'segiov heads..Morphine and a 10mm abscess in my brain that is.

June 13, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I'd blame it on the abscess and eat the morphine.

June 13, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home