.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

I found a 30 minute...

...free trial so I'll try to catch you up.

So after I found a dependable place to live, the next chore on my list was getting my meds refilled. Talk about a waste...I couldn't make an appointment with the doctor without going in through the ER at UCLA. So, after literally spending 20 hours in the ER waiting room, I got my scripts. Then I had to wait until 8 for the pharmacy to open and another hour to get my meds.

So, 2 subways and 4 buses later, I was walking the last couple of blocks when I realized that I no longer held the bag that held my medicine. At that point I had been up for well over 24 hours. So, I decided to just go to sleep and tackle that one in the morning.

As I was showering, I wondered whether I should go to another hospital and start over again or just go back and trust the truth. It sort of worked, the doc wouldn't give me my pain meds but she did give me my xanax which I really need. So, I spent Tuesday through Thursday getting my meds, losing them and then getting them again.
Next, I have to go on the next item on the list...have some fun this weekend.


But...not without at least one screw up! I went to bed early when I got home from the doc yesterday and took a nap. I ended up sleeping so long that I woke up when someone turned on the lights and started washing the floor. I noticed it was dark but it always is when I wake up. So, I took a shower, got dressed, got myself a cup of coffee, drank it and called my father for my usual Sunday cal. Well, it wasn't morning. It was a bit after 9 PM by then (yes, I WAS wondering why it was so dark in the morning!) Of course, 9PM PCT is midnight EST. I woke my dad up to chat. He was not in a chatty mood.

So, I went back to bed and woke up again. I walked to MccyD's to go online but it didn't work so I called my son-in-law and asked him to come get me so that I could use his desktop and get the rest of my stuff that my daughter's been keeping since I got here.

As for me...I'm actually feeling rather well and with less stress and a non-crisis oriented life, my health seems to be improving. And with no one to yell at me constantly, I'm feeling better about myself and gaining the energy and motivation to do what needs to be done. Thanks for your support...IT'S WORKING!


Post a Comment

<< Home