.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Hey,

What's going on here? There is an entire conversation going on in the comments section and it has nothing to do with me. What's up with that? This is my blog I tell you, mine. I feel as though my blog is turning against me. Alas, my final respite has vanished into the air. Oh well.

So, I am thinking about going out and doing the picture thing I spoke of earlier but it is really cold out there and I haven't quite figured out where to go.

Oh, Mr. Last Saturday...I got him. Now, keep in mind that the other day he told me he would call and he even made me apologize for underestimating him. OK. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure that one out, had to get answers from Laszlo in Hungary, and I wasted your valuable reading time. So, I had to know. And this is what I came up with. I called him to invite him over.

"Tonight?" he queried.

"Oh, anytime, you name it."

I listened to him rolling up his tongue for a moment and then I said, "Just call when you figure out what is good for you." He jumped on the opportunity to get rid of me. There. I closed another case.

Some of the side bar conversations are about when a kid should leave home. My Dad said, "18 and out." I believed him. Being the oldest, and the first one to turn 18...I left. And check this out...nobody else left for years. It was a bluff, he never meant it. I was just foolish enough to take him seriously. I didn't think we had to wait for the folks to literally toss us out on our cans.

Being a mother, I find it a little bit more complicated than setting a date. I think each kid is different and as long as they have a plan and are working towards it, they will be fine.

As a parent, you have one job and that is to raise a productive member of society. Some of the kids might need a little longer than others to accomplish that. As long as they are working towards their goals, I don't see a problem with keeping them at home a little longer. I wouldn't make it too pleasant for them...you don't want them to get really comfortable. They most certainly should pay. And don't be cheap, let it hurt a little. Even if you save it for when they do get out on their own. Somewhere in their minds you want them to think, "I could rent my own place for a little more than this! And I would have my freedom, I'm outta here first chance I get."

As to having children at an older age, if you are healthy enough to get pregnant at 46, God bless you. You will find the energy, it will build up as they learn to move. But sleep...forget it. But then again...older women need less sleep so there ya go!

Damn, I am bored. Well, let me see if I can come up with somebody to do.

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Laszlo,

Yeah you are right, we do love it when the wee munchkins come a-munchin'. As long as they don't walk in on me whilst I am showering, or doing any of the other things I do naked, I love it when they come home. I love to feed them, I hate to let them go home without leftovers...YIKES!!!! I am my GRANDMOTHER!


Meg

March 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home