.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, April 18, 2005

As I was lieing on the beach yesterday...

...I was doing a lot of thinking. It occurred to me that Rick and I couldn't do a better job of messing up our divorce if we were handling it alone. The attorneys have made it so that we cannot discuss anything with each other and they aren't the greatest at communicating themselves.

I was told that I would be in contempt of court for filing my own taxes after the IRS told me to even though I have not yet been to a court. I could see being in contempt of mediation, but I haven't been to a court to be contemptuous to. I was also told that I "didn't promise to file with Rick if he told the truth, I just promised to file period." Well, if someone lies in a document, isn't it null and void?

I wouldn't have ever agreed to file with Rick if he didn't tell me that there was a tax debt. He lied and then he claimed my adult son who has already filed himself. So, if I didn't sign that paper, I would be in contempt, if I did, the IRS would come after me, I had no way out. The stress landed me in the hospital and I can't handle much more of this. I have escaped to Florida but I have to go home eventually. My health is deteriorating and I was bitten by a spider that has swollen my leg to twice it's size and I have to drive home like this.

So, what do I do now? I have forgotten about a court date for that speeding ticket and I don't know what to do about that. Too much is happening and I am getting a little bit swamped under the pressure. I haven't been able to eat for days. I went shopping yesterday for something appropriate to wear to the beach and I couldn't find any size zeroes and I doubt they would fit me anyway. I weigh 104 pounds and I am 5'8" tall. This is getting bad all of a sudden. My calcium levels are back up and I am a bit nervous about that but I have no one to hold on to.

I guess I should go out and try to find something to take my mind off of all of this, I am just tired of it all and I need a way out.

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,

It's time to slow down and get a handle on the things you can control and let the things you can't control do their own thing.

First sit down and have a nice meal. You must eat to keep your strength, and to help keep your thoughts clear.

Second, call the court house and tell them you were unexpectedly out of town, and missed the court date, and ask if it can be rescheduled. Be as contrite as possible, these clerks have a great deal of power in some court houses. If it can not be rescheduled, then just pay the ticket and have that behind you as well.

As far as the IRS matter goes, that one is a little tougher, but not impossible. Don’t worry about Rick- he’s a pig and a liar. Go home and let this thing unfold. If, as you say, he has claimed his son, that will come out before this whole thing is finished. Your position has been and will remain, that you were trying to file a legitimate and honest return. You felt pressure to beat the April 15th deadline, and as an honest citizen you felt that it was wrong to postpone submitting a valid return. That’s your story and your sticking to it.

Finally Meg, breathe; deeply and slowly. This life is your dance; don’t let others make you do the hustle if you want to waltz. Dance your dance, and enjoy every minute of it.

david

April 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home