.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Meg...

...Bullshit. He's your father. He can let you use it for as long as you need it, surely. What's wrong with that? Does he really need the money that badly? Do you really have a problem with borrowing a car, long term, from your father? If it's pride, it seems misplaced to me.


It isn't my father's car, it's my aunt's. She is missing and her son is suspected in her disappearance. They have never found a body and she has been missing for close to a year now. (When my dad went to Chatsworth to pick up the car he found out that my cousin was sentenced to 5 years for theft by possession. The cops found stolen guns in my aunt's house when they searched it after she went missing. I wrote about it and sent the letter to Greta Van Sustern and two other people who did shows about unsolved murders. My aunt's name is Mary Ann Mergel and her son's name is Paul Mergel. Paul was also a suspect in a murder in New Jersey. We didn't know about that until the cops investigating my aunt's disappearance told us. I didn't even know they moved to Georgia. They are family that I never hear from. I haven't seen either of them since my grandmother's funeral in 1990 and before that I hadn't seen them since 1974.) My father is the conservator of her estate. He is obligated to take care of it for her. He can sell things with the permission of the judge, but it has to be at a fair market value. He can't just loot her estate. The title conservator is somewhat indicative of his responsibilities.

If he could just give the stuff away, I would have her house. It kept getting broken in to so he HAD to sell it...so that there was still some value to her estate. he can only let me USE the car as long as I am acting as his agent in Georgia...he lives in Florida and can't always drive here to file a motion or whatever it is he does.

He would give me anything of his, he has let me use his car for over a month now.

So the answer to the maximum number of pitches in an offical at bat with out rick (I assume you replaced FOUL with RICK, too cute, LOL) balls is 6. when the count gets to 3 balls 2 strikes the next pitch will end the at bat. hence 6 pitches.

Actually, the answer is ten. The question was: What is the maximum number of pitches can be delivered in one at bat with no foul balls and the batter still be at bat? If the batter has a full count and there is a base runner who gets picked off while trying to steal a base, the inning ends but the official "at bat" does not. That batter is up again at the begining of the next inning, and if he takes another full count, he has had 10 pitches thrown at him, he hasn't swung once and he is still at bat. At least that's what my Daddy says. :)

1) hit 2) walk 3) Hit By Pitch 4) error 5) dropped 3rd strke 6) Fielder's Choice 7) catcher interference 8) umpire interference 9) fan interference (???) 10) pinch hitter 11) batted ball hits another runner 12) 4 illegal pitches (Is this a politican at election time???) 13) pitcher fails to deliver the pitch w/i 20 seconds 14) and if a game is suspended with a runner on 1B, and that player is traded prior to the make up game, another player can take his place on first (this could also be under the category of pinch hitter though)

Yeah, the last one would fall into the category of pinch hitter which doesn't count in this question. So, number 10 doesn't count either, that means that you have 12 which has impressed the hell out of my father and my son who are currently debating some of these, others they have endorsed. My dad could kick himself for not remembering the "runner hit by batted ball" one himself. Now they are trying to figure out what an "illegal pitch" is...can you please tell them?

I hope that these answer those most pressing questions.

Well, we haven't heard for sure that we have listed ALL of the ways for one batter to get to first base. I am waiting to hear from somebody from the NBL. But, you have certainly impressed us here!

Anyway. Meg's plan is very intriguing. I am curious as to how men change after the course of 2 or 3 (or more) dates. Everyone pretends to be themselves on a first date, but they are really being their "Good" selves. Then after you REALLY get to know someone, honestly rears its ugly head. At least in my past experiences.

I thought it would be interesting! And you learn the most when you are fascinated by the material so my study of men ought to be quite informative!!!! I cannot wait to get going. Jeez, I have goose bumps just thinking about it.

I can't believe they stuck you in the same room with someone you have a restraining order against. What kind of morons run that state?

The same kind who made it a state law that the stupid phrase "cohabit meretriciously" be a mandatory part of any alimony order!!!! I called the attorney, he said it was state law that they incorporate that term into the divorce. Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore.

Well, I have to make dinner now, two hungry men are sitting in my living room. One of them just cleaned my kitchen and the other went and got me a car to use (at least temporarily) so I think I owe them a meal. But then the kitchen will be dirty again. Oh well, I can never get ahead of those damn dishes. Have a nice eveing, see ya later.

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. I understand the car business better now. And I appreciate that you need a car of your own, that's an important part of having control over your life.

Still, my point was that you don't urgently need a car, because you have one, legitimately. Unless your aunt suddenly turns up (then you'd have to murder her to keep the car... har)

I still think you need to have a reasonable idea of how much the tax business is worth to Veck. If you're going to bargain over that.

April 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well an illegal pitch would be "There are WMD in Iraq" but I digress.

A pitcher may not bring his pitching hand in contact with his mouth or lips while in the 18 foot circle surrounding the pitching rubber. The umpires Will immediately call a ball. Hence if a Pitcher has a Brain Fart 4 times on the mound the batter gets First base.

This site has all the info you will need. http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/official_rules/foreword.jsp

:) enjoy.

April 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home