.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Check this out...

...This is why I don't trust online dating services. This guy has more than one picture and more than one face if you look. He has that one cute face and then a bunch of really icky faces, you don't know who is the real dude:

http://www.americansingles.com/default.asp?p=7070&MemberID=13707664

Isn't that scary?

Meg,

You gotta love that "tubal ligation". When my wife, now ex-wife, had hers 15 years ago, we both loved the abliity to have sex without the worries of pregnancy.


Absolutely. I would have mine done nine months earlier but when they took the state mandated pregnancy test prior to the elective surgery, I found out I was pregnant with my youngest, Timothy. His father snuck him in on me.

The morning after I had it done, I read this in the paper:

Dear Abby,

I had my tubes tied 6 months ago and I am now 4 months pregnant...”

I freaked. I called the nurse, I didn’t trust the surgery for a while and I panicked any time I THOUGHT I was the least bit late. But I got used to it.

My mother thought it was awful. She actually asked me, “What would you do if, God forbid, something should happen to all of your kids?” I said, “I don’t know but I wouldn’t go out and get new ones.”

The doctor didn’t like it either. But at least he did it. the first doctor I went to gave me a permission slip for my husband to sign. It was not state law, it was his personal policy. I told him that my husband could have all of the kids he wanted but I was done.

Every time I registered for school, I ended up pregnant. I was afraid to go into the admissions office. I went to more than one semester as I was in my last trimester.

But I did eventually graduate. And I had 3 kids because I didn’t want 4. Or 5. Or 6. My mom had 7, 6 are living. I am the oldest and I was the babysitter until I finally left home. Then I got married and had my own. So, I have been raising kids my entire life. I am ready to go off and have some fun now. If I hadn’t had my tubes tied, I have no idea where I would be now.

Well, the 29 year old called me this afternoon. He wants to go out for dinner and dancing Saturday night. I told him I didn’t have anything to wear out dancing and he took the bait, he and I are going shopping and out to eat tonight. That’s two dates down by this Saturday if all goes according to plan. You know what that means, don’t you? All I need is the paper and a third date. And I promise not to be all meretricious or anything like that.

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yeah, you are missing something but don't feel bad, a long, long time ago I referred to a guy to whom I said, "I don't sleep with guys before the third date." I was only kidding but he took me seriously. I wouldn't do that to anyone, Guy, especially not such a sweetie, I better go straighten that out the first chance I get. Thanks for pointing it out.

Meg

April 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my divorce is coming up in May. I really ought to be working on a plan like yours, Meg.

Looks like a long shot, from where I'm sitting : getting laid in May.

But then again, I haven't started yet.

April 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home