.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

This is the email that I received from my brother,

And I am so proud of him for his honesty, that is a new thing with Michael. His wife's name is not Sue, I changed it to protect her.


Dear Family Members,
I am writing this E-mail to all of you to let you you know my current situation and what I plan to do. I haven't been a good husband, family member, or friend. I have been dishonest in all relationships and am ready to face the consequences of my actions, I hope. I have relapsed- I used cocaine again-I can't figure out why just yet, but I am seeking aid to that end. I know alot of people who can help and have started that process. As far as Sue and I are concerned; for all intents and purposes it looks as though this is the end of our marriage-- I spent money as if it were mine, not ours, and have lied to Sue about owing money. I don't know what brought on the relapse but I feel I'm not as ready for all of the responsibilities as I thought I was. I'm so sorry and I pray God and all of you will forgive me. I don't know what I will have to do next- that depends on the choices made by Sue and my parole officer- but I will keep you informed. I love you all and hope that this won't push any of you away from me.
Love,
Mike.

Do any of you have anyone in your lives that has had problems with drugs? How are they? Did they overcome the troubles? So many divorces are caused by drugs that I didn't have to think long before I posted this letter.

Of course, I wrote to my brother telling him that I loved him unconditionally and that he hasn't let me down, rather he has, once again, let himself down. This time he took a wife with him and she is a good one. He is going to lose more for this relapse than he has ever lost in the past. He will lose his wife, his step-son and the child that they were trying to have. He will lose him home, his dreams and his clean time (which was considerable). Basically, he will lose his life as he knows it. I certainly know what that is like, one day you have a life that you are comfortable in and the next day some one (like Gail Glenn) or some thing (like drugs) has stolen it all from you. Drugs are a nasty mistress, they both do pretty much the same things. They steal your family, your livelihood, your health and your happiness. Gail Glenn and cocaine have stolen from our family so much that we will never be able to get back. Two happy households, totally trashed by the trashiest of all things, a slut and drugs. Both cause misery, disease and heartache. There is a place where my brother went to find drugs, he never should have gone there anymore than Vex should have gone to that Kennesaw trailer park. If both of them had stayed where they belonged, everyone concerned would be much happier but Mike couldn't stay away from drugs anymore than Vex could stay away from sluts. Promises, vows and loyalty, all forgotten and trampled upon. Drugs, like sluts, make people forget their priorities and tell them things that they want to believe and the truth and the things that are truly important in life are forgotten. Who do you suppose is behind it when a person breaks all of the vows that they made before God? I think I know.

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be willing to bet your brother's substance use issues come from a naturally occuring chemical imbalance. I'd also be willing to bet that most all of his problems come not from the use but from the fact that 10 cents worth of cocaine costs $100.00. The time has come to abandon this futile and liberty robbing "war on drugs". The "war on drugs" is nothing more than a war on your freedoms. Adults don't need protection from themselves.
Kyle

April 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home