.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Meg,

Oh well, I see you're fixed up for a post-divorce holiday in June.Just reading what I wrote... in case it's ambiguous, I have no expectation that we would be sexually compatible (though I would have no objection!) -- it's just out of friendship : this house is a cool calm place to hang out, way out in the country. The kids, who live here on weekends, are used to "strange" people staying -- they would enjoy you, and vice versa (unless things got serious, in which case I could easily get someone to look after them...)... I had a quick look at fares...

You know, the opportunity to consummate the divorce in France makes it MORE than worth the wait. (Another night like last and I won’t last much longer but I’m OK now and thinking as clearly as I am capable of.) Don’t you agree? I would certainly hold off and at least give French dude a chance, wouldn’t you? That's not to say that it's a given, but I would go in with the mindset that would have me say, "OK, now give me a reason NOT to." And it would have to be a good reason. :) And, since he has a computer, I could still post my experiences. (Don’t worry French dude, I am very prudent in what I share on this blog. :) ) Yep, then, that’s the plan. I have to get things going quickly. I am convinced that Vex has taken my passport so I have to get another one.

France is nice. I have been there but I just drove from Calais to Chantilly (a suburb of Paris: famous for their lace) and took the metro into Paris. I didn’t spend too much time in France but what I did see was lovely.
I almost fell off of the Eiffel Tower. That headline would have been embarrassing, “American tourist plunges from Eiffel Tower...Was it suicide or just another clumsy American falling off of the Tower?” I had taken the elevator up like a smart woman should. But, for some reason, I decided that I wanted to walk down the stairs. The stairs are on the outside of the Tower and I was pretty high up. I was leaving because it was starting to get dark. As I was hopping down the stairs at about 100 feet up, the flood lights came on. It temporarily blinded me and I am night blind as it is. That’s when I almost fell off. I walked down along the Seine to a restaurant that I could see from the Tower and it just happened to be on the corner closest to the place where the accident happened. The tunnel is right by the Eiffel Tower and if you head to it from downtown Paris, you will go through that tunnel. So, I ended up seeing it twice without even looking for it.

Anyway, my father is back from his trip to Virginia, apparently, things are stable for the moment. Of course, I haven’t yet had a chance to speak with him so who knows...maybe I will have something to tell you later. Oh, by the way, that show Intervention on A&E is very good for the familes of addicts to watch. OK, I am going to bake my dad his birthday cake since tomorrow is his birthday!


Meg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,
well, things here have a taken a bad turn. While scouring our cell phone bill to see just where all the minutes were being used up, I came across 24 calls my fiance has made to his ex girlfriend. Each lasted approx. 20 minutes. I asked him in a very sweet way, "Hey, have you called (insert slut's name here)?" to which he replied "No, of course not." Then I showed him the bill, with her number highlighted. His only reply was that she had called him.
Here's the thing, the bill clearly states whether a call is incoming or outgoing. They were all outgoing, from his phone. Interesting. when confronted with this, his response was that she had been text messaging him and he called her to tell her to leave him alone.
Two problems with this. Telling someone to leave you alone doesn't take 20 minutes, nor does it require 4-5 calls a day.
Now, talking to an ex does not bother me. I have remained friends with most of my ex's. But I certainly don't call them daily, or talk to them for more than 2 minutes, or lie about it when asked. I never hang out wth them alone. He is aware of every friend I have, and were I to grab coffee with an ex, my fiance would be sitting right next to me.
Should I consider this the first warning of what is to come? This girl has spent the last year trying to break us up, fist fight me, or a number of other crappy things she has done. She's vandalized his vehicle, and spread my name through the entire town. I am so ready to drop him where he stands and head back "home" to Louisana.
What do you think Meg, Guy, anyone? I am only 20, so I know I won't handle this rationally without help..

May 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purple,
Thank you for your advice. I have just informed him he is to come home and pack his things. I don't know if it's for forever, but I do know that I need to clear my head. If this was the first time, I could be understanding. But sadly, it's not. We deal with this exact situation every 4 months or so. In Augsut, he went to a party while I was working and slept with her. I bought his excuse of being drunk, for a minute or so. Then it hit me that sunset was 45 minutes after he left the house, and the photos of them kissing were taken while it was still sunny out. Drunk, indeed. The girl tacked the photos to my front door. I am so distraught and confused right now...

May 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I'm still not sure what I am going to do. I know that at my age I'm really just beginning my adult life. I appreciate and accept all advice and comments.

May 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home