.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, August 01, 2005

I got an email...

...from a very kind lady this evening and she said something that I thought was very good:

...there are good men out there, you just have to wait for them. They are like good cream, they rise to the top of the jug...

Yep, what a neat way to put that. I have been alone long enough that I am sort of getting used to it. It doesn’t really bother me anywhere near as much as it used to but should I come across a good one, I’ll be on him like stink on shit. (Is that the way that saying goes? I never could get it straight.) But, if I don’t find one soon, I won’t be too upset. Of course, I could always change my mind, but for now, I’m fine the way things are.

Of course, I could use a guy for the evening, but it takes so long to train one that I'd have to have him for a while before he would really be worth the effort. Once they are around for that long, they tend to want to stick around and cramp your style. I've never met a man who was great in bed the first time...they all seem to take a while before they are of any use to me. Isn’t that a bitch? Good or bad, we women pretty much work the first time but we need to spend a bunch of time training the guys the way we want them.

Rick and I dated on again and off again for 6 years before we got married and during one of the off times, I met a guy named Jim. I told him about Rick’s problem with the speed of his “performance” and he would laugh, laugh, laugh at the stories I told him. He always acted so smug about it that I was sure that he would be better than Rick. Well, when we finally got to the point in our relationship where we had sex, he was as fast as Rick ever was. I was so disappointed. After his first “completion”, he said, “I see the problem.”

The problem, as he put it, was the fault of the doctors who delivered my daughter. After I had her, I was lying back and trying to breathe while the doctors were stitching me up. I overheard one of the docs say to the other, “Put in an extra stitch for her husband.” Naturally, I was livid. I sat bolt upright on the operating table and said, “Go find him and add an inch for me!” I couldn’t believe that anyone could be thinking about such a thing immediately after I had given birth. They apologized and went about their business. I gave it a few minutes thought before I said, You know, go ahead...fix it good.” And, apparently, they did.

So, Jim understood what Rick’s problem was and that was nice, except that it didn’t help me one bit. It’s nice to know that I am “blessed”, but it doesn’t really do me a bit of good. I don’t think that men really know this, but their “size” does us no good, does it ladies? I have heard that it matters to some women, but for most of us, “It isn’t the size of the ship, it’s the motion of the ocean.” I haven’t been with another man besides Rick since the 80’s so I don’t really remember too much about sex except for the fact that my ex was able to go all night long. I remember falling asleep and waking up, thinking, “Is he still going at it?” He was amazing as far as that was concerned, the absolute opposite of Rick. And as short as he was, he was rather “blessed” himself. He and Rick dispelled the notion that you could tell anything about the “size” of a man by their height or their shoe size. One was short with small feet and one tall with big Bozo feet. But, methinks that they, somehow, were given each other’s “member”.

Perhaps our sex life wasn’t as “intense” as it once was, at least that’s what Rick told me after he started banging his bimbo. But, I have a feeling that when I finally do get laid, it'll be an extremely intense experience for someone. Besides what the doctors did to me, I’ve heard that a woman “shrinks” after a long period of abstinence. I remember going without sex for 6 months at one point after my other divorce. I have long since surpassed that time period and I am headed for a year soon. Between what the doctors did for my ex and my lengthy abstinence, I truly feel sorry for the first man I get a hold of.

I don’t know who it will be, I don’t even have a list anymore. I used to think that it would be anytime but I don’t see the divorce happening anytime soon. Rick has vanished from this state and I am not sure that he is even in touch with his own attorney. That’s actually a good thing, I can go to court now and ask for whatever I want. He isn’t here to whine about it so I should get it.

Maybe he isn’t around to collect the alimony from, but I will attach every income tax return he files and any paycheck he tries to earn. Maybe that sounds cold to some people but I think it was pretty cold of him to cheat on me when I was so sick, hurt me within 72 hours of surgery and leave me with all of the bills to pay when I couldn’t work. If he would have just been honest and helped make this divorce an easy transition, we could have done this in a decent way for everyone concerned. I never took a thing from my ex and he actually had things to take. I could have taken half of his business, after all, I helped him start it and build it up.

But, I was the one who wanted that divorce and he helped me out every way that he could. So, I wouldn't have done that, it would have been wrong. I’m sure that there are men out there who think that it’s awful of me to act this way, but I bet if their own daughter was treated in such a manner, they wouldn’t be so quick to condemn.

Anyway, the divorce will happen someday and that evening, I am gonna grab some poor schmuck and nail him. OK, I’m not helping myself at all with this talk. I think that I should work on another puzzle for my other blog.

Yes, that’s what I am going to do. So, I should go and do that now before I get myself in one of those sticky situations that I can’t help myself out of. :):):)

See ya,

Meg

Send comments to: Meg.kelso@gmail.com

By the way, Anne, can you send me a link to your blog again? I never did get it before. I’ve looked for it, but I can’t find it at all and I would like to read it. Also, I’d like a link to the poetry blog as well, if you don’t mind.

And...to the nice man from France, once again, let me thank you for your kindness. It really helped me out, especially since the alimony has stopped. I was able to pay the gas bill with that money.

And, to Marc, thank you as well. I paid my phone bill with the money you sent earlier this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home