.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hi Margaret!

I read your Blog this a.m. What a freak(no not you) LOL!You are so right about the selfishness of others at the expense of others. Obviously these people don't believe in things like: "what goes around comes around" and quite frankly it looks to me like some sort of spiteful get back on the cheating from the JUMP, but she added another soul into the mix! I need sex too, but I'm selfish enough to want it to be ALL ABOUT ME - with all the Kudos that go with it...

Yep...another woman who understands. Not that it helps me, I am a woman. But surely there have to be men out there who feel like we do in that sex is no fun if it is not for the best of reasons and under the right circumstances. I couldn’t imagine just having sex with someone unless I felt attracted to him. I know that some people can actually have sex with people that they don’t even like, but surely not all men feel like that.

I’m not saying that you should be madly in love with everybody that you sleep with, but to some extent, there has to be an attraction. Without some sort of chemistry, sex is not gonna happen. That’s why I don’t understand why guys would be so ready for it the first night. I think that I’m just having a nice time and before I even get an opportunity to really know someone well enough to see if there is any chemistry, they’re all over me. Jeez, I hate that. It’s so not fun and I get very annoyed when an evening deteriorates into a wrestling match. What a hideous bore that is.

What I really wonder about is, as offensive as that treatment is, what are other women doing? My friend here said that she wanted it to be “all about her” and that’s the way I feel. Of course, I know what she means and it isn’t as selfish as it may sound, she just meant that she had to want to and really choose a guy who makes HER feel good. She isn’t going to have sex because the guy across the table has just put in a request. Those men can scratch their own itch...I want it to be a little bit more about me as well. When a guy hits on you the first night, you pretty much feel as though you could have been anyone, it just happens that you are the one on the other side of the table. Yuch.

Also, I have to wonder if there are women that WILL sleep with a man on the first date. There must be or these guys wouldn’t even think that it was an option. So, what are women thinking when they do that? I guess there are as many women who just want sex as there are guys. Oh well.

A freind of mine stopped by on his way home from work last night. Remember my friend Mike? He is just a friend and we speak almost every day. He occasionally stops by my house on his way home from work. Now, he works until 3 am so he doesn’t stop by unless I’m expecting him so he knows that I’ll be awake. Well, I knew he was coming but I had fallen asleep. I always sleep on the couch so he expected me to be sleeping there last night. I wasn’t. Yesterday I cleaned my bedroom up. I hung all of my clothes up. I was doing laundry so eventually, all of my clothes got hung up. (With the laundry that I did and all of the clothes that were on the bed, I ran out of hangers.) Anyway, last night the room was so clean that it looked rather inviting so I went to watch television in there. I ended up falling asleep and when Mike came over, I wasn’t on the couch so he went around knocking on the windows.

He knew that I was there because my car was there. He eventually got to the right window and started knocking. I was sleeping and had been since maybe 7 pm so I was pretty much rested. I started hearing a banging and then I heard someone saying, “Meg, Meg...wake up...it’s me, Mike!” I woke up, partially anyway...and I could hear him but I was so sleepy that I couldn’t figure out where he was. I sat up and looked around my room trying to figure out why I could hear someone so well but I couldn’t see them. Eventually I figured it out and let him in.

He hung out for a little while and then he left so now I was all awake and since I had slept so long already, I couldn’t go back to sleep so I went back into my room and put in a scary movie. It was a movie that I have seen a few times, The Others, and it wouldn’t have been so scary if I wasn’t alone and it wasn’t the middle of the night. I don’t think that it would have been so scary if I hadn’t seen it because I anticipated all of the scary stuff and just scared myself more.

I was so freaked out that I got up, made coffee and turned on all of the lights and TV’s until it got light out. I sat at the computer writing all morning and I’m pretty well into my fifth chapter of the book that I’m writing. I have sore fingers from writing so much. I’ve actually started 3 books but I never knew where I was going with them so I kinda knew that I wouldn’t get anywhere with them. This one, though, I know what it’s about and where I’m going with it. Remember when I told you about the nursing homes and how bad some of them were? Well, I’ve told a lot of people and I’ve even written a few articles about it but I don’t seem to really get anywhere with it. So, I decided that if I put the facts into a story and gave the people names and backgrounds, it would be a much more compelling story. So, that’s the way that I hope to do some good. So far, all of the people are real and so are the stories.

Of course, I’ve changed the names and twisted things just enough so that no one would ever recognize anyone or the situations. But, they are real enough for me to write about and the situations are sad enough that it should make for interesting reading. Maybe I’ll stick a chapter up here after I get a little further along.

Well, I have to go act like it’s dinnertime and cook something. I’ll see you later!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home