.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, October 24, 2005

I’m spottin’ dimes and eatin’ onions...

...and I’m enjoying every minute of it. My cheeks are sore from smiling and I don’t remember the last time that happened. I’m quite sure that it was in the last millennium and I think it was in the 80’s. One way or another, it’s been a really long damn time. I’m even experiencing other feelings that I can’t mention here and I didn’t know were possible for a woman my age.

Isn’t that nice? The timing couldn’t be better, tomorrow is my divorce. I didn’t expect this but I’m glad that it’s happened.

I almost went into self defense mode for a second this morning, but I shook myself out of it because if he’s willing to take a chance, then I am too. I learned how to control my feelings a very long time ago and I very rarely let them go wild, I did it with Rick and it turned out to be a big giant stupid mistake but that’s OK, I’ve learned a lot since then. I’m very good at feeling people out and I’ve felt this one out as much as I can from this far away, and I can tell, although he is a MAN...he is a good one.

He could be doing anything with his time but he spends a lot of it speaking to me and he’s the exact opposite of Rick, he’s talkative, bright and funny. Talkative is a great change, I don’t have to carry every single conversation. Bright is nice, I don’t have to explain every little thing. And funny isn’t new, but funny on purpose is.

He’ll be flying down here soon and to make sure that I don’t break my own rule of never having sex on the first date, we’re going to have our first date tonight. It’ll be on the phone, but hell, that’s just fine with me. I haven’t decided what to wear, but I’m probably gonna go with casual wear. I won’t be putting my hair up, but I will shampoo it. I’ll probably just wear a little bit of make up, no need to overdo.

If this had happened last year or even earlier this year, I wouldn’t trust it at all. I’d be too worried that I was doing a rebound thing. But after a year and half, I don’t think that I’m going to worry about that. Like I said, I have a pretty good grip on my feelings and I feel very good about this. The last time that I was single, I wrote a list of requirements that I stuck to so that I didn’t let anything stupid happen. I don’t feel the need to go by them anymore, I trust myself a bit more. But, it doesn’t matter all that much, he meets almost all of them. Besides, I’ve never done anything like this before so I’m more than willing to give it a go. Doing things the “right” way haven’t worked out all that well, I’ve followed most of the usual rules and that’s only gotten me a pack of lies, a cheating husband and skid marks. So, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

Have you ever just sat there and spent your time thinking about someone? I find myself actually planning to do that. I go into my room and lie down on the bed and just think about this guy and that’s so much fun...I don’t even mind the sore cheeks.

One of my blog buddies wrote to me and was worried that I wouldn’t “bitch” anymore now that I was so happy. Talk about a silly thing to worry about. I don’t bitch because I’m unhappy, I bitch because I have tits. I shall certainly continue to bitch, I will always be able to find something to bitch about. I can’t think of anything right now, but I will make a concerted effort to find something to bitch about...just for him.

Right now, I’m going to go and think about just that...maybe I should turn the TV on, that always irritates the hell out of me. I’ll be back as soon as I come across something to bitch about. So, that means that I’ll be back soon.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home