.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Well, it’s 8 PM...

...and for me that means bedtime. Of course, I sleep on the couch, there is no bed involved, maybe someday soon. OK, my son fixed the washer and I thought that I was stuck with two of them because of the one that I bid on at eBay. I received an e-mail saying that I was the confirmed winner. Apparently, it was a fake because the owner called me (I gave him my number so he could help me pay for the thing.) and said that the bidding wasn’t over. Then, someone outbid me by 2 bucks so I was off the hook. I don’t have two washers...right? Well, the other person didn’t pay for the washer so now the owner is e-mailing me to sell it to me. Man...does this even make sense? Even I’m confused.

Now, I know that I am under no obligation at this point, but I always feel so badly for people that I have a hard time saying, “No.” Rick used to have to cancel the things that I would buy from door to door salesmen during the day. I bought stuff knowing that Rick would be canceling the order because for me, it was easier than saying, “No.” He didn’t mind, he could say it very easily.

I get myself in so many messes because I can’t say “No”...in the 80’s, I spoke to Jehovah’s Witnesses for two years because I didn’t want to hurt their feelings. I just try not to open the door, if a stranger comes to my house, I just run in the back until they leave. If Publisher’s Clearinghouse ever came, I guess I’d miss out on the cash. I would love to learn how to me more assertive with sales people and church people before I join a cult and move to Uganda to set up housekeeping with some whacked out preacher dude...all because I can’t say the simple word...“NO”.

I was bored earlier so I was playing online and found that Quote of the Day thing over there to the left and the tag-board that’s below the archives. I don’t know what good a tag-board is, I’m not even sure WHAT the heck it is, but damned if I don’t have one!

Now that the washer is working again I can wash some clothes. Not tonight, I don’t do such things after bedtime, but tomorrow, I’m going to wash the clothes that are all over my bed. I mentioned before that my bedroom has sort of turned into a dressing room. I had it cleaned up a few weeks ago but you know how it is, I put this thing on the dresser and throw that thing on the bed and before you know it, the room’s a sty again.

Oh...I should have bought a lottery ticket today, what with the washer not needing to be replaced. I rarely have such good luck. But...that lottery thing hasn’t been working out for me so I don’t ever buy them. I’d rather go to the race track and bet on horses, the odds are much, much better. Of course you lose a helluva lot more money, but you do so having a helluva lot more fun.

Are fast food workers annoying to you? They certainly are to me. I ordered a hamburger with extra onions and I got one with ONLY onions. So, I had to gnaw on a dry sandwich. I did get fresh fries, I stopped buying them unless they’re fresh. Fresh fries are good, but give it 3 minutes and they are some nasty little ketchup holders. I love ketchup, the way I see it, food is just a vehicle for my ketchup. I have an EKS in my car and one in a drawer here in the kitchen. Those are my Emergency Ketchup Supplies.

When I was a kid, I would offend my mother’s cooking talents by putting ketchup on mashed potatoes. She would always say, “I made GRAVY!” I was happy with the ketchup. I have a kid who inherited my yearning for ketchup. AND...I recently found out that my father likes it too and puts it on odd stuff like eggs. I guess there is a ketchup gene. Who’da thunk?

I have nothing but Kool-Aid to drink this evening. Oh, I have some saki as well, but that is some repugnant liquid. My father brought it, I don’t know why. Maybe he went to Sam’s and got a case of it. He would buy trash if Sam’s had a big enough box of it. I remember him buying a gallon of corn once in the 70’s. Even a family of 6 kids can’t eat a gallon of corn before it goes bad. I learned that lesson on lettuce, 4 heads for a dollar. It was just my husband and myself, right when I first got married. I tried to eat it before it went bad but I couldn’t eat it fast enough.

Some lessons I seem to learn rather quickly, others...I have to mess up a few times before I go on to screwing up something totally new.

Well, I’m back to talking about nothing again so I guess I’ll go lie down and see if I can’t get a few hours of sleep. Have a good day...I’ll be back either in the morning or in the middle of the night, depending on how long I can sleep tonight. Damn, if that saki wasn’t so foul, I’d take a shot of it. Oh well, maybe I should buy a bottle of something that I can tolerate. Then, I could become an alcoholic. I tried it once before but it didn’t stick...isn’t college fun?

See ya,

Meg

By the way, I just tried to use the tag-board and it doesn't work so don't bother. I'll try fixing it later. Sorry about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home