.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, April 10, 2006

After giving it some thought...

...I don't think we need to know what was in the officer's mind when he attempted to stop Ms. McKinney. His actions were what they were. An officer of the law, in a post 9/11 day, told a citizen to "Stop!"...and she ignored him. His actions, as did hers, speak as loudly as they need to be spoken. Is he a racist? I don't know. Is he a decent person? I don't know. But, what I do know is that he did his job properly. Police have never let me go because I was white. I don't appreciate being arrested, questioned or detained anymore than the next person. But, when the police do their job properly, we have to allow that. When they do their job in a despicable way, we need to stop that. I mean the collective "we". If any one group of people allows the police, the government or any authority for that matter, to behave in a manner unfair to any of us, then all of us deserve what we get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home