.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dear Meg...

I just kind of pour about 1/4 cup onto a sock then let it soak into the sock for a few seconds, then just toss it in.


She's right! It works! Now I don't have to keep worrying about catching the final rinse.

With your recent experiences with Georgia law and lies, I was surprised that you accepted the detective's claim that New Jersey was less likely to solve a murder than Georgia, because NJ was "liberal". Especially coming from a cop who you know already had a murder he could not solve.
In any case here are the facts. The cleared murder rate in NJ for 2002 is 79%. I could not find a rate for Georgia or Atlanta, but the cities in GA I did find such as Albany, Kingsland and Savannah all had rate between 56-65%.
Comparing apples to apples, from the FBI 2002 crime report you can see that the MIDDLE ATLANTIC region (of which NJ is included) has a clearance rate of 77.3% for "Murder and non-negligent manslaughter", while the SOUTH ATLANTIC region (of which GA is included) has a clearance rate of just 64.7% for "Murder and non-negligent manslaughter".
Call the Georgia detective and ask for fact about Georgia and NJ murder clearance rates.
It is an interesting side note that the "blue" liberal states (such as Mass.) with lower reported church attendance have much lower murder and divorce rates than the "red" conservative highly reported bible believing church attending states (such as Georgia).


I was going to try to post just the pertinent facts in this email but I couldn't find anything that I thought I could edit out. It's all quite good. I never meant to imply that I fell for the cops' line about the "liberal" state of New Jersey. I was just telling you what they told me. I didn't go to the trouble that this guy went to in finding the facts, but it did occur to me that the cops here didn't have any more luck than the Jersey cops did in charging my cousin with the murder he alledgedly commited in both of these states.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that I'm so closely related to a murderer. In all my life, I've only met one other murderer, to my knowledge, and that one was never convicted. At least I don't think he was, he could have been by now.

I went to a car dealership once and I was speaking to the salesman when I saw someone that I thought looked familiar. I mentioned it to the salesman and before I realized what he was doing, he called the guy over. As he approached me with his hand out to shake mine, I realized who he was. I had seen him on the news. He was a suspect in his wifes' murder. That was creepy enough, now I have to deal with a murderer in my family.

The TV show On The Record asked if anyone knew of any unsolved murders so I sent the details of that case to them. I received this email in return:

I am forwarding to my producers..greta

So, I hope to get some publicity directed toward this case and maybe then the Georgia cops will have to prod a bit more. It seems as though publicity can get things done in the judicial system so I'll go with what works. Now I wonder who's phone calls I've been ignoring. I don't usually answer the phone unless I know who it is. I've got to start answering the phone, the calls could be from the TV people. I'm going to send the story to other people now...if Fox has shown an interest in it, someone else may as well. If you would like to help put a double murderer behind bars, you could email Greta Van Sustern at ontherecord@foxnews.com and ask her to investigate the Mary Anne Mergel murder. Her son's (and alledged murderer's) name is Paul Mergel and he will be out of prison on June 30th. I still don't know the name of the woman that he alledgedly murdered in New Jersey, but I'm going to find out. When I do, I'll see if her family isn't interested in seeing him go to prison. I have to hurry up and do that because he's getting out of prison on June 30th, the day after my birthday!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home