.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hi!

My niece just left with her fiance. She did well, he seems to be a very nice guy and he's even very nice looking. Now they're on their way down to Florida.

I'm speaking to my father who is currently talking about how short Rod Serling was and that he was a paratrooper. My dad was a paratrooper, too. Like me, my father is full of tidbits of useless knowledge.

I woke up today to a freezing house. I thought that the air conditioner was left on but it turned out to be cold outside. So, I had to turn the heat on. Now, it's warmed up a bit and I'm sweating like a pig. I would turn the air on but I hate to think of how expensive it is to do that.

Monday morning my phone was disconnected and I never knew it. A guy that I know tried to call me early in the morning and couldn't get through so he paid the bill so that he could call me to bitch about it being off in the first place. By the time he called me at 10 AM, the phone had been disconnected and turned back on before I woke up. I should invite that guy over some day when the electricity is cut off. I thought that was sweet of him to do.

With any luck at all, I'll be going on a short vacation to the Georgia coast soon. I don't want to jinx it, but I'm hoping to go down there sometime in May. I took my daughter down there once and we had a great time.

Speaking of my daughter, she called me Friday to say that she was in California. She told me that she was going out there but I had forgotten. I hope that she's having a nice time. Anyway, the guy who paid my phone bill wants to take me to the coast so I think I'll let him. Isn't that sweet of me? I get sweeter all the time.

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail that said that I have too much "overgrowth" in my yard. I'm not sure what they're talking about so I'm going to call them Monday to find out. I have 5 days to take care of that. I'm not sure what'll happen if I don't, but I don't want to find out.

Wouldn't it suck to go to jail because of yard work? I don't know if it would be considered a violation of probation to ignore such a letter so I will do my best to take care of it, after I find out what "it" is. My back still hasn't stopped hurting from the last time that I tried to work out in the yard.

I don't know what to use to cut back that overgrowth and even if I did know what tool to use to cut overgrowth back with, I'm sure that I don't have one. I'll have to go out there armed with a steak knife and try to figure out how to cut down the overgrowth. Ain't that a bitch? I've been here for 10 years and after Rick leaves, I'm ordered to do yard work by the city of Marietta. I wish that they could have ordered him to do some yard work. It didn't work when I tried it. The letter is actually in MY name so I am the one who has to worry about that. Isn't the timing lovely on that? The more I think about it, the more I don't think that it wasn't a coincidence that the letter came when it did. Between that and the cops coming to my door the Sunday morning after I got out of jail, I could make a good case that the city of Marietta has a vendetta against me.

Whatever, I don't worry too much about such things. I just don't do anything that could get me in trouble and I don't have to worry. But when they start coming to your house and ordering you to do yard work, I guess it's time to pay attention to the fools. I didn't even know that was an option.

I do worry about that tooth that I had pulled last December. It's either growing back or it has a huge piece of it trying to get out of my gums. I can't seem to pry is out and it hurts when I try so I don't do that anymore. It hurts so much that it must still have a nerve attached to it. Now my options are either I go to a new dentist and have it pulled AGAIN...or I go to the old dentist who screwed it up in the first place. If I go to the old dentist, she would have to do it for free and if I went to a new one, I'd have to pay again. From now on when I have a tooth pulled, I'm going to make them take an x-ray of the stupid thing after they pull it to make sure that they got it all out. I hate dentists and I hate having to have the same tooth pulled twice.

Well, I have to go clean up the kitchen from the breakfast that I made for my niece and her fiance. Little do they know what they're getting themsleves into now that they're going to spend a month living at my father's house. Luckily, my niece has worked with Alzheimer's patients in the past so she'll know how to handle my dad's ex wife. Better her than me.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home