.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Good morning!

I had a wonderful time last night although somehow I crossed channels with the guy and he misunderstood something that I had said. It turned out to be a nice misunderstanding because I ended up at the top of a building, just not the Hyatt. There's a place called the Westin in Atlanta and we went to their restaurant which was about the nicest place that I've been in years. Actually, it WAS the nicest place that I've been in years.

Chicago has a place sort of like it at the top of the John Hancock Building. That place has a restaurant and a night club on the 95th and 96th floors. This place reminded me of that only they had three floors of places to go instead of two. One was the restaurant, one was the bar and one was an observation deck. It was so beautiful! We sat next to the window to eat and our table looked out over Atlanta. It isn't as nice as Chicago or San Francisco so far as the view, but the food was perfect. I let my date order for me and I sort of wish I didn't. It was great but there's something odd about eating the "Roast Loin of Young Lamb." It just sounds wrong. I don't want to eat the loin of any young thing.

I can't believe that I've been in Atlanta for 12 years and just now found this place. I'm sure it's been here the entire time but no one told me about it. I saw the revolving bar at the top of the Hyatt, I just didn't know about this one. My date offered to order a bottle of wine and I had to get out of that one. I don't have the kind of luck that would let me get away with drinking wine at the top of a large building without running in to some cop who knows that I'm not supposed to drink. That's OK, I didn't want to fall out of the elevator so I shouldn't have been drinking anyway. I haven't been in one of those elevators since I left San Francisco. It's the kind that they had in the movie Towering Inferno only inside the building.

It was so nice that I can't be sure what I enjoyed more, the place, the view or the company. They were all wonderful. I have a feeling that my date just went in his closet to find the suit he wore last night. I found myself wondering about that. For Rick to go to a place like that, he would have had to do what I did, go out and buy something appropriate. I would love to be able to just go into my closet and find something nice but I don't mind shopping per date as long as the date provides the cash. That was fun. I especially liked the part of the date where I actually was walked to my door and kissed like I was out with Wally Cleaver. I didn't have to argue with anyone, nobody was pawing at me and no one tried to pull my clothes off. I had SUCH a nice time. A couple of dates like that and I may just rip my own clothes off.

I'm gonna try to do this again sometime. I always told my kids that they should apply for really good jobs because they'll end up with one of them and if they apply for crappy jobs, they'll get one of those. I should limit myself to men who know how to treat a woman and maybe I won't end up with another Rick. Yep, that's what I'm going to do.

Cool.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home