.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A friend of mine...

...called me to tell me that she is seeing a new guy. She had been dating the same guy for close to three years and although he's a nice guy, he sort of blew it. He had a lovely girlfriend who is now interested in a new guy and the old guy is still in love with her.

She is close to 30 and if the boyfriend would have put a ring on her finger any time within the past year, she would have been happy and they'd be engaged now. Instead, she got sick of waiting for the ring and now another guy has maneuvered himself into prime position for stealing her away from the boyfriend.

He always talked about doing things together that gave her reason to believe that they were getting married but he was waiting for the "right time". I don't know what the heck that means, but it will never happen now because he let her wonder for just a few months too long.

She didn't necessarily want to get married immediately...she just wanted a promise of marriage. She's not the type of person who would have betrayed her betrothed, but without a promise from her boyfriend, another guy was able to move into her life and is pushing the other guy right out of the picture.

Why men wait so long to make their intentions known is beyond me. When there is a beautiful, talented and bright young woman who has been there for years waiting to start her life and hoping to someday have a family, it's not a good idea to make her wait too long.

I guess he was waiting to be in a great financial position to get married. That's a nice idea but there's also a lot to be said for two people building a life together. I want my friend to be happy of course, but I'm really hoping that the old boyfriend figures something out...and quickly. I like him, he's a really great guy.

Anyway, I just got done watching the movie Biloxi Blues. I love that movie. Christopher Walken and Mathew Broderick are great in that movie. Now there's a guy on my couch waiting for me to post this so we can go back to enjoying ourselves. I'll be back in the morning!

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home