.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Good morning!

I went to my Alcoholic class last night. It was interesting, I must say. I don't mind going at all, it's actually almost fun.

It only lasts for an hour and they spend the first part of that hour calling role and graduating anyone who has finished any part of their treatment. Last night, it took close to half of the entire hour to do all of that. Then, a really neat guy talks for the rest of the hour.

As usual, the counselor is an ex-addict and he tells stories about his own problems. Last night he was talking about why people stop using and he asked, "Do you think anyone WANTS to stop using? Hell no! I didn't want to stop doing drugs, I just wanted to stop going to jail!" I got a kick out of that.

He said something that surprised me. I thought that no one would benefit by going to these meetings unless they wanted to go and wanted to stop using drugs or drinking. I was wrong. This guy said that the trick is to GO to the meetings and sooner or later you will hear something that makes you want to stop. I was sort of surprised to hear that.

The guy is pretty funny so it's sort of like watching someone do stand up for a while. All of the people there are pretty damned nice so it isn't a bad thing at all. I won't mind going for another 4 1/2 months. The only bad thing is they don't have cookies. I expected cookies. One week they had donuts, but other than that one time, they've never had any finger foods. I suppose that I could bring some. Maybe I could even start a weekly cookie list. I think I will. There's nothing like a cookie to put a smile on people's faces!

Well, now I'm waiting for the dryer to get here. I haven't done any laundry since my dryer broke and I never go that long. So, I guess I'll be spending my entire weekend doing wash. That's OK, I had nothing else planned.

After my meeting last night, I went out on a date and had a nice time. We just went out and got a bite to eat and chatted for a while. I like those types of dates best. Just sitting around talking is nice. This one asked me if I wanted to go spend the night downtown sometime and I said yes. He mentioned the Westin and that sort of surprised me. The Westin is the hotel that the other guy took me for dinner.

The phone just rang and the dryer people will be here in 15 minutes so I have to run and put some clothes on.

I'll see you later!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home