.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Good morning!

I did it, I went to bed early like a good girl and woke up at a normal hour. Unfortunately, it's a holiday so I can't really do much except work in the yard but that's OK. I'm hoping to spend the entire day alone but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen.

I wish that I could drive away and hide but I can't. I love to take a ride down the highway and then get off on some country road and drive until I'm lost. I like thinking that no one in the world could find me. I don't know why I like that, I just do.

Maybe it's the spring time thing, but I'm getting antsy to go somewhere. I'd like to go somewhere cool. Maybe Alaska. I hate hot and it's as hot as it can be here.

I got an email from a guy who mentioned that he thought they should drug test the cops. I don't know if they do or not, I would assume that they do that upon hire and any time that it appears necessary, like after a car accident. But in general, I don't like drug tests. I don't think that it's any different than testifying against yourself. I bet when they created the Fifth Amendment, they would have thrown in body fluids if they had ever thought that someone could take yours and use them to prosecute you. If I don't have to incriminate myself with my mouth, I shouldn't have to incriminate myself with my bladder either. Cops are no different, if I were a cop I wouldn't appreciate it. How in the world did people get through a day without drug testing?

It appears that I would have been better off had I refused to blow into the breathalyzer. They could have taken my license away for a year if I had done that. They took it away for longer than that as a result of me blowing for them and added more to my punishment. The tape of my field test wouldn't have done it, they would have had to go on the cops word and I don't know if that would have been enough to convict me for DUI. So, if that ever happens again, I won't be blowing into anything. I doubt that it ever would happen again, after something like that happens once, you tend to get a bit paranoid. As it is I may drink 3 times a year so if I ever feel like I really HAVE to drink a few beers again, I'll do it at home and lock my doors.

The thought of the nasty hangover usually keeps me from drinking. I get a hangover from two beers. When I drank like a fish in my younger days, I never got a hangover. Now, I can barely take Nyquil without getting one.

I used to drink a LOT of beers in one night. Now I don't know how I did it. I don't even like the taste of it anymore although I do appreciate a good beer buzz. But, the thought of having a hangover for the entire next day is enough to keep me from drinking anything. Ain't it a bitch that the one time I do drink and drive, I get a DUI? What really irritates me is that I had gone home already because the guy who I was giving a ride to was too drunk to find his apartment. I wanted him to just crash at my place because I was too tired to drive anymore. He didn't want to do that so I took him for one lest ride to find his apartment and that's when I got pulled over for not having lights on. Damn.

I had traded vehicles with my father for 3 weeks and his car had those lights that go on by them self so I got out of the habit of turning them on and it was so well lit that I didn't realize the stupid things were off.

Oh well. Spilled milk and all.

My daughter is moving to California. She's going there to be with her boyfriend and I hope it works out all right. I worry about her giving up everything to follow a guy, I did that and I ended up in Bumfuck so I hope she knows what she's doing. Of course, if it doesn't work out, she could always come here. If it does, I may go there eventually. Sooner or later I'd like to catch up with my daughter and live in the same state as she does.

Well, I'm going to shower, sweaty pig you know. I feel the sweat dripping down my belly. I guess I should turn the AC down. I just hate paying the bill.

I'll come back after a while. See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home